Rid of belly fat!

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)

You said it! The best way to get abs to show up is through what you put in your mouth- it needs to be "clean". Than means no preservatives, no sugar, no refined carbs, LOTS of water, no alcohol. Add your own cardio to help shed the fat covering them and you'll have abs! Is it possible to get visible abs without eating clean? Yep, but it will take WAY longer and WAY more cardio. I try to aim for eating clean 80/20. Thats 80 percent of what i put in my body is straight from nature with no extras and then 20 percent is the rest. Good luck! It's hard but it's so worth it!

It does not need to be 'clean', you do not need to avoid preservatives, sugar or refined carbs. Yes, limiting them will help sticking to a caloric deficit while eating a nutrient dense diet, and I am very much in agreement that 80/20 diet is a good one, but many people have preservatives, sugar and refined carbs in their diet and have abs.

You are absolutely right, but like I said, it takes way longer and way more cardio- plus I find when I eat ANY i bloat like crazy- it has to do with certain peoples sensitivities to foods as well. Not everyone's body works the same. If I eat either cheese or fake sugar I have a noticeable pooch the next day. You have to find what works for you!

For me and many others it does not take longer or require cardio. Some people have sensitives to carbs yes, but I am not sure whether the fact that they are refined or not makes a difference. Also, I am not sure how preservatives affect people's fat loss.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Will there be video?
    I expect so. And if you hang around long enough there'll be rape jokes, too!
    Personally, I do not find this even a little bit funny...

...and from my years on MFP, I do not believe it is accurate either.

And if it were ever to happen, I am confident that it would be met with swift and certain opposition (and likely most vociferously by the very people you appear to be targeting in your attempts at drama in this very thread).
    ^this
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Will there be video?

Personally, I do not find this even a little bit funny...

...and from my years on MFP, I do not believe it is accurate either.

And if it were ever to happen, I am confident that it would be met with swift and certain opposition (and likely most vociferously by the very people you appear to be targeting in your attempts at drama in this very thread).

^QFT. I'm disturbed that the thought would even be thrown out there so casually.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Will there be video?

tumblr_m7mfx3ibC31qdbhdbo1_500.gif

Seriously. What is wrong with you? And you're a teacher? Holy crap.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

Oh is that what you call it??? Thought it was a infomercial with half baked claims? So I thought it was a polite way to say PROVE IT!

Instead of simply correcting the poster's misconception that blueberries are 'belly fat busters', we get the usual round of posts masquerading as requests for more information that, in reality, ARE confrontational to the original poster. Because the answer to said 'questions' is already known.

Give information. Don't bait.
    This post is completely condescending and insulting to the OP, as it implies they are childish, stupid, emotionally helpless, and incapable of gathering information unless it is packaged in specific language as prescribed by you.

It is also not 'baiting' to request more information. It is an attempt to get the person to further analyze their own assertions, in the hopes they will discover that there really is no further information to be had because their claims are baseless. It is a vote of confidence that the person is capable of discovering, thinking, and understanding that for themselves instead of just saying "you're wrong and you should stop thinking/reading/learning for yourself and just believe me because I said so."
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5:2 fasting gets rid of belly fat! I am serious! Google it and PM me for information on my experience with it.

Cindy
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    5:2 fasting gets rid of belly fat! I am serious! Google it and PM me for information on my experience with it.

Cindy

workaholics-no.gif

It may help lower BF%, but it still doesn't spot reduce.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Cindy

^This is so wrong. And promoting fasting like this is what causes it to be perceived more and more as a fad.
  • kordell70
    kordell70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WOW, while the initial posters asking the lady who made the blueberry "belly blasting claim" sounded as if they were truly asking her to back up her claim or at least not make a claim with no evidence in a dignified manner; the majority of you seem like you just like ripping apart people to make yourselves feel better. Even if her claim is wrong there are ways to do it in a rational and polite manner. Many of us on this came here because we have been dumped on for our weight related issues. We may not be here looking for friends, but an ally in our goals of maintaining a healthy life would be nice. I am ready to hear the response of "Oh here we go again another "butt hurt" individual who can't handle some taunting get over it" -- Because frankly I don't care for people who act in such asinine manners. However, there are people on this site who have low self-esteem issues as it is and don't need to be mocked just because they are trying to help. We have all made mistakes and sometimes say things which later turn out to be false. Hell, since I was a kid the "Food Groups" have changed, many studies on proper weight loss management and muscle building have changed. If I had quoted those studies to someone say 10 years ago, I am sure some of you superior people would look it up and try and shame me saying well you are wrong now.

And just to stick up for the young lady, there was a study done by the University of Michigan on rats which actually support her claims. Now queue in the people who say "BUT IT WAS DONE ON RATS SO YOUR POINT MEANS NOTHING" --- Yes it was done on animals like most studies which are first done on animals many of which people on this forum to prove their varying points.

University of Michigan study on blueberries and belly fat.
    http://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20090419/blueberries-may-banish-belly-fat
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    WOW, while the initial posters asking the lady who made the blueberry "belly blasting claim" sounded as if they were truly asking her to back up her claim or at least not make a claim with no evidence in a dignified manner; the majority of you seem like you just like ripping apart people to make yourselves feel better. Even if her claim is wrong there are ways to do it in a rational and polite manner. Many of us on this came here because we have been dumped on for our weight related issues. We may not be here looking for friends, but an ally in our goals of maintaining a healthy life would be nice. I am ready to hear the response of "Oh here we go again another "butt hurt" individual who can't handle some taunting get over it" -- Because frankly I don't care for people who act in such asinine manners. However, there are people on this site who have low self-esteem issues as it is and don't need to be mocked just because they are trying to help. We have all made mistakes and sometimes say things which later turn out to be false. Hell, since I was a kid the "Food Groups" have changed, many studies on proper weight loss management and muscle building have changed. If I had quoted those studies to someone say 10 years ago, I am sure some of you superior people would look it up and try and shame me saying well you are wrong now.

And just to stick up for the young lady, there was a study done by the University of Michigan on rats which actually support her claims. Now queue in the people who say "BUT IT WAS DONE ON RATS SO YOUR POINT MEANS NOTHING" --- Yes it was done on animals like most studies which are first done on animals many of which people on this forum to prove their varying points.

You're new here and this is adorable.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I think reincarnation
  • kordell70
    Options
    What's adorable about it?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Lipo
  • kordell70
    Options

I think reincarnation

Umm no!. This is a message board. No one needs to fear anyone else here or feel the need to "reincarnate" themselves on this board to validate a point. I am merely stating that while some of the initial poster may have been truly trying to figure out where this lady may or may not have gotten her information to prove her point. The rest were just being *kitten*. MFP should be a place of support, not where people should fear even coming back to the board for information, sharing achievements, or supporting another.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I think reincarnation

Umm no!. This is a message board. No one needs to fear anyone else here or feel the need to "reincarnate" themselves on this board to validate a point. I am merely stating that while some of the initial poster may have been truly trying to figure out where this lady may or may not have gotten her information to prove her point. The rest were just being *kitten*. MFP should be a place of support, not where people should fear even coming back to the board for information, sharing achievements, or supporting another.

original.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I think reincarnation

HappLand.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Fear?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    User wellbeing3 recommends you go to wellbeing3.com!
    But look how positive and supportive it sounds!!

YAY!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How about something positive to get rid of belly fat - there is nothing wrong with eating blueberry's - they are rich in anti oxidants and can only be of positive benefit.
    Check out www.wellbeing3.com for some excellent and inspired ideas and ways on how to get rid of belly fat :)
    There are some amazing programs out there that might be just what you are looking for!

I'd love to hear from the "everybody should be nice to everybody all the time" people on what is an appropriate response to posts spamming websites like this.

I think I know the answer already, but I don't want to be "mean".
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Seems to be about stess and a hormone called cortisol. Stress makes more cortisol and that causes a craving hunger and a need for sugar foods and it goes right to fat , and to the belly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1099086-stress-cortisol-belly-fat-mindfulness