I hate jeans!

Options
Lucy_6678
Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I HATE jeans! I do not wear jeans!

I think they are the worst piece of clothing ever created! I am a history teacher so I know for a fact jeans were invented as tough durable pants for workers/farmers. But somehow over the last 100+ years, they have become an American clothing staple.

I have been jean free for over 2 years now. Sometimes it is hard for me to find things to wear. I have athletic/comfy clothes and I have work clothes but then I don't know what to wear out with friends or to a concert?

I thought I would put this out there and see what others' thoughts are on jeans. I know people heavier than I wear jeans and say they love them! I don't know how this is possible! I have tried many styles and sizes (not skinny jeans) but I hate them all. I have even tried PAJAMA JEANS! They didn’t work either.
What jeans do you wear?
What are other options for me as a jean hater?

Here are my stats:
35 years old
5’5”
165 lbs
Size 14 in women’s clothing

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever heard of anyone who hates jeans so much. I think they're awesome. Why do you hate them so much? They're just pants!

Paige brand jeans are my favorite. They make your *kitten* look amazing.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i dont hate jeans. but they do not fit my body well. i have a big stomach and no *kitten*. it just doesnt work well. i probably havent worn jeans in over 7 years. luckily i can wear shorts to my awesome job. but that is the thing i look most forward to, is wearing JEANS. i cant wait!!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I would prefer they be my only kind of pants, to be honest. I love jeans, but do agree it takes some hunting to find a pair that fits well while still letting you breathe and move, and make your *kitten* look good as a bonus. I'm a little taller and heavier than you, but can wear a size 10 in a couple brands that Kohl's carries, as long as they have some stretch/give to them.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight but I am pear shaped and never thought jeans were flattering. It sucked because jeans are THE American garment. I also couldn't stand struggling to get them on. So I gave them up.

It's rare that I think someone looks good in them. They either don't fit or are messy looking and even brand new jeans aren't that attractive to me.

I wear skirts, dresses, yoga pants.
  • JustSammi
    Options
    I don't like jeans either. I've not worn them for 9 years now. I just find them uncomfortable because the fabric feels heavy to me but I guess that's because I wear skirts, dresses, tights and leggings all of the time and I'm used to that. I am thinking about buying some when I reach my goal weight though, I have discovered that they make my *kitten* look good when I try them on! :laugh:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    i dont hate jeans. but they do not fit my body well. i have a big stomach and no *kitten*. it just doesnt work well. i probably havent worn jeans in over 7 years. luckily i can wear shorts to my awesome job. but that is the thing i look most forward to, is wearing JEANS. i cant wait!!!

I know someone with a similar body shape. She went for a lower rise to fit her small butt & thighs, and boot cut to try to balance out her large stomach. They look good.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    my ex gf looked amazing in jeans. omg.
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Torrid. I love this store...but the smallest jean size is a 12. They have a few pairs of jeans that have this crazy fabric that just forms to you. Me and 2 of my friends each bought them. All 3 of us are completely different shaped. I am really tall with an insane inseam, an Caucasian butt and more than I want in the tummy. One of my other friends is real short, long torso and thick legged and the other is in between with serious thighs and rear end. The jeans (different sizes and lengths of course) look like they were tailored to each of us. I love them. I love every pair of jeans I have bought there actually.

If I am not in jeans, I am in riding breeches...and those suckers can be mean.
  • LoniS
    LoniS Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I only wear HUE brand jeans these days. They are stretchy and fit great. Like wearing leggings all day.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you hate about jeans? Hard to make a recommendation without knowing. But, jeans do tend to be one of those items of clothing where you have to try a bunch on to find the right ones. I have found the Target jeans to be nice looking, decently made, inexpensive and they come in many different cuts/fits so you have a better chance of finding one that is right for you.

I like casual dresses a lot for going out. Gap.com has some super cute styles that are flattering on nonperfect bodies but they are a little spendy unless you find something on sale. Old Navy has cute dresses as well.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I understand not liking the process of finding the right jeans, but I think there's a good fit out there if you invest the time into jean shopping. I like the Hermosa cut at PacSun the best...LOVE the way it fits :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you hate about them?

The way they look or the way they feel.

Personally, I love jeans and would wear them all the time if I could.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The Madeline Jean by Lee is my favorite.They cover the behind without gaping and are higher up by the waist and boot cut for a flattering line. They feel better than the pajama Jean.I order them from Kohls.com. They do fade in the wash so wash them with other jeans only!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't like pants in general. I just prefer skirts and dresses. You don't have to dress exactly like your friends when you go out. Wear what you feel good in.

I do wear jeans on weekends when the weather does not allow for shorts or skirts/dresses, and I'll wear them out at night sometimes. I also wear them to work on Fridays.

I think finding the right pair (brand, color, cut, etc.) is the key to enjoying wearing jeans. My *kitten* and legs look inappropriately awesome in Gap jeans. They're worth it just for that. It can take a lot of work to find the perfect pair, but they're out there, regardless of your shape.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I like jeans but it's not easy finding a perfect pair with a 12 inch waist to hip ratio difference. I always have a gap in waist area in the back. Grrr...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Skirts? Dresses? Leggings?
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I wear jeans. But also wear jumper dresses with tights/leggings. which would you can dress up or down? I also have a few maxi style dresses and 3/4 stretchy style dresses. I'm in the UK though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The Madeline Jean by Lee is my favorite.They cover the behind without gaping and are higher up by the waist and boot cut for a flattering line. They feel better than the pajama Jean.I order them from Kohls.com. They do fade in the wash so wash them with other jeans only!

They're on sale now if you're looking to get another pair! I just noticed when googling them!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love jeans. I can even sleep in them (and have).
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I would wear jeans everyday if I could. Actually they changed our dress code at work, and I can :) I wear 2 different kinds, Lee (got from Kohls) and Bandolino (from Belk). When I was smaller I used to love Eddie Bauer mens jeans, but not right now...
This discussion has been closed.