I hate jeans!

Options

Replies

• salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I despise jeans too. I really only have four pair and two of them I rarely wear them. The other two are like leggings. But in general I don't like jeans. I only will wear them on friday at work because everyone else is dressed down.

I hate the heaviness of the material. I always look at someone else wearing them and think they look suffocated.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I hate all pants. I mostly wear skirts and leggings. Pants feel so confining!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion is that maybe you are trying on the wrong size. Just because you wear a certain size in pants/slacks doesn't mean it converts to jeans. Most of my jeans are a size larger than my suit pants that I wear to work.

My second suggestion is to gather a collection of skirts, long and short. I don't wear shorts during the summer because I just don't like them. I have a huge collection of skirts though.
  • sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Jeans never fit my hourglass figure. Plus, it's impossible to find non-stretch, basic denim jeans. Stretch jeans always give you saggy knees and make you look like you've got a load in the back ;)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I love love love jeans!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wow. you sure funnel a lot of rage toward your hatred of denim and all its accoutrements.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Everyone hates jeans until they find the right pair. Then they want to marry jeans and name their kids Denim, Low-Rise and Mom-Jean,
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love jeans when they're softened up (nothing worse than stiff jeans) and flattering. I think the skinny jean trend is a little much, and doesn't look good on a lot of people like a bootcut fit usually does. For an inverted triangle body type like me, a bootcut or flare leg balances out my wide shoulders really nicely. You can get different washes, fadings, and pocket details to flatter your body type. For me, I want to draw attention to my lower half so I get jeans with whiskering and color variation on them. I also want to make my butt look bigger so I get jeans with stuff on the pockets like a small flap or something. All these options are why jeans are so sa-weet!!!

Right now my personal fave are 'artist' jeans from American Eagle. Only around $30, and they have different lengths. They wash nice too and don't come out of the dryer all shriveled up.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Interesting. When my DH was 305 lbs he HATED jeans. But Holy cow they weighed a ton at 44 inch waste. Now that he is 230 and a 38 inch waste he loves jeans. But of course it took us like 10 tries to find the right ones.

Since I gained 40 lbs after an accident and time in a wheelchair, I too don't like my jeans as much. I have been wearing cargo pants for the last year. They are comfortable and I love the extra pockets as I have never been one to carry a purse.

But I am sure once I get this weight off I will go back to my jeans.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    9IzsWyr.png
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i dont hate jeans. but they do not fit my body well. i have a big stomach and no *kitten*. it just doesnt work well. i probably havent worn jeans in over 7 years. luckily i can wear shorts to my awesome job. but that is the thing i look most forward to, is wearing JEANS. i cant wait!!!

I'm in the same boat! It's such a pain! I've pretty much sworn them off until I can fit back into the size 16's that are in my closet.
  • imafitnesstrainerlara
    Options
    I've actually hated jeans my whole life, but I still wear them. For me I just don't like the heavy fabric. Ones that are comfortable need a belt (I haaaate belts) and the ones that aren't stretchy are so heavy and hard to move in. Idk, I've found some jeans I like over the years, like the rockstar ones from old navy, and the target ones as well (mossimo?) but typically if I don't need to look nice, I wear yoga pants, and if I need to look great I put on a skirt. I usually only wear jeans in the winter, but even when I wear petites, I tend to stand on the bottom of my pants and tear them up... stupid short legs :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Skirts and dresses? Leggings with oversized sweaters? Pants that aren't jeans?

There are plenty of options.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It was about 3 years that I did not wear jeans.. Lost 20lbs and now always wear them, in fact they are to loose on me.
    You will get there.
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dress however you feel comfortable. I personally love denim and wish I could wear jeans everyday but I can't which is why I only have 2 pairs that fit properly and 2 that are now loose in the caboose ;) I agree with other posters it's possible that you just haven't found the right cut, style, and size for your body.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    I hate jeans too! I prefer leggings
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I hate bras. They cover up too much

Bwahahaha. Agreed.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I only despise Jeans due to them not going over my 26" thighs easy enough. So I usually have to buy bigger sizes if I want to wear them but I've not worn any in around 2 years myself. Ordered some the other day online to fit my new waistline I'm betting they won't fit lol.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans too. Will not wear them. I stick to leggings, skirts, or dresses. Jean's don't fit me right, ever. I have hips and a tummy but no thighs and a small butt. Every pair I've ever owned has sagged in one of those areas and looks horrible. They aren't comfortable to me at all.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The Madeline Jean by Lee is my favorite.They cover the behind without gaping and are higher up by the waist and boot cut for a flattering line. They feel better than the pajama Jean.I order them from Kohls.com. They do fade in the wash so wash them with other jeans only!

They're on sale now if you're looking to get another pair! I just noticed when googling them!
    They are on sale for 24.99 . I ordered 2 more pair.
This discussion has been closed.