Boob weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think that's absolute poppycock! For your height you'd need to go under around 115lbs to be underweight (using UK chart) and over 147lbs to be classed as overweight.

I think you have scope to lose a little more, be within a healthy BMI and still keep the boys!

Like you, I can lose weight but rarely go less than a 32DD.

Not sure why he mentioned that!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    *looks down at flat chest* *cries*

You're all SPOILED!

*flounces off*

You can have mine! I'm sick of them. Where shall I send them? :wink:
  • BlubbinBlubber
    BlubbinBlubber Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain... if my boobs don't shrink with weight loss, i'm getting breast reduction surgery for sure
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    I am also concerned that an MD mentioned your boobs when you asked about weight loss. However, it would be totally appropriate if he'd mentioned frame and height. I once had a nurse practitioner make a comment about my boob size and I complained to the medical facility and told them to never give me an appointment with her again.

Listen to you own body, and get yourself a new doctor. This one sounds a bit quacky.

Why? If he groped them, or leered at them, or said "pwaugh look at those knockers" with his tongue hanging out, dead right, but why should a doctor not be able to make any reference to them?

Obviously boobs weigh something, and for women like me who are small in the back and big in the cup (32H) the weight is going to be more significant.

I've often wondered about this issue - in fact, I'm going to invent a sling and get my hubby to use the suitcase scale to try to weigh them to see.

But if I went to my GP and asked him about weight and he made professional and respectful reference to my endowment, I would certainly not be offended!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight?

I would say so. Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone. If you look at the beyond skinny girls ie catwalk models - they have no boobs. Just nipples.

God I wish that was true. But in my 20's I was about 95lbs and still a D cup. Actually I've been a D cup since around age 12, and probably weighed even less then, don't remember. I'd love to get rid of them. Wish I could even be a C. They're a pain in the butt!

WHY?? its an awesome problem to have it seems like.

I suspect my hubby agrees with you LOL It's one of those things - you want what you haven't got. I'd love a flat chest - the idea of being able to just roll out of bed and pull on a teeshirt is my ideal - if I do that now, my bust is at my waist!

If you're busty, you follow them around everywhere and compete with them for attention - I'm sick of trying to talk to people whose eyes are on my chest! I'm sick of rolling over in bed and pinching one of them. I'm sick of getting dressed up and going out for a meal and catching any drips or spills with my chest instead of my napkin. I'm sick of not being able to do up buttons.

Flat chested women wish they had bigger boobs because they think it's more womanly and feminine.

ETA We all want something else - we should all celebrate what we have - which is easy to say.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would have to disagree with the idea that if you're skinny, then your big boobs are silicone! I weighed 113 in High school and had DDs! :happy:
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I disagree that 5'4 at 140 is the ideal weight for medium boned women(unless very toned-more muscle then most)....the doc's and most places on line say 100 pounds up to 5 feet and then 4-6 pounds per inch after that..im 5'6 and my doctor told me anywhere from 120-138...hell, I have NO tits...size B so maybe he was taking note of that!!:sad:

LOL
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options

I'm wondering if this is something everyone has to take into account? Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight? Not sure how to proceed. I'm reluctant to ignore my Doctors' advice as he is a professional after all.....but I still feel too fat.

And finally - just to respond to the OP:

I don't know about the Dr's advice, I'm sure big boobs will make up part of your weight, but how much? Nobody could say without accurately measuring and weighing, not even your GP.

What makes you feel too fat? Perhaps that's what you need to be focussing on - waist? How fit you feel? Whatever.

I'm still aiming for the middle of my healthy BMI which should also mean I drop one more stone, and one more dress size, regardless of my bust. I'm also looking at my tummy, my legs, and my arms.

So far I've lost 2 stone 3lbs, and I've gone down one back size and one cup size (which means I've gone down two cup sizes actually). Which I'm thrilled about because I think they look a bit more in proportion now, and clothes fit better. And I look much less matronly which makes me look younger which makes me feel a whole lot better. But, I think they're still shrinking - the new smaller bras I bought in February are starting to look a little roomy, and the down side is that they are getting very soft and floppy and I don't like that. But at my age, that's going to happen, and at some point they'll be like the ends of a scarf hanging down. :ohwell:
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping some of mine go away with the dieting. If ya have them, you know how much of a pain it is to find a blouse that fits!!
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You stated in your comment that you felt that you were still too fat. Is this because of the number on the scale - or because of what you see in the mirror. If it is the number on the scale freaking you out - then listen to your doctor. The large chest is going to make for a larger number. If you look in the mirror and see some areas you still think are too large, then continue to work at losing. Only you can know where your body looks the best.

I have a huge chest - 52H when I started, 44I right now. Cup went up as the inches went down. I know I will never be on the low end of BMI range unless I have a reduction. I am shooting for mid to high range of healthy BMI - still have a long way to go.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to run through all the replies, so sorry if this has already been said. My understanding is that breasts are made up of breast tissue and fat tissue (and the ratio is different for every woman, and may change over her lifetime), this may or may not be the case for every woman. I find my size goes up and down with my weight. At the moment I'm a D, but at my healthy weight/when I'm not breastfeeding, I'm closer to a B/C cup. For a woman whose breasts are largely breast tissue, they might not find that their breast size changes that much and so they need to take that into account in terms of health and weight loss. If your doctor has done a breast exam for you, you may find that she has a better sense of what your boobs are made of and how that is reflected in weight loss.

BMI can be useful for some people, but it's based around averages that might not reflect your situation. Personally, I'd focus on waist size, rather than overall weight so that you're dealing with the unhealthy fat, while also taking into account your own body type.

Good luck!
  • kittiearecute
    kittiearecute Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's a funny thought, isn't it? I actually stepped on the scale one day and had my boyfriend lift "the girls" away from me to try to guess how much they weighed. Um...close to 15-20 pounds total. Eek! Us big-chested girls do have to take that into account when measuring our body fat/BMI.

I had my boyfriend do the same thing, I was about 10 pounds lighter. Crazy how just my boobs can bring me below the 200 range.