Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Options
I thought this might be interesting!
What foods are you shocked that you used to eat? Or maybe that you used to eat more than the 'portion size' of?

I remember eating what I called 'half moon cake', the entire thing, in one day or sometimes one sitting. I looked it up recently and found the food in question to be called 'Dan cake, half moon marble cake', and it's 400 odd calories for 100g. The whole cake is 350g....

Talk about a wake up call! Anyone else looking back with shock and disgust?!! Haha.

Replies

• eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's mostly the amount, not the kind of food that i'm surprised about
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to eat bland flavorless baked chicken breast, salad and non-fat plain yogurt all the time. I cringe at what I ate during those days.

Now I eat delicious steaks, ice cream, pizza and burgers. So much better and less repulsive.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Only surprised at the portion sizes I used to eat, not what. I'm actually more surprised at what I like eating now in the area of veggies and fish which I didn't like before.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I don't get why I ate french fries. I did low carb but even when I eat more carbs I don't get why I wasted so many calories on french fries. I don't even like them that much. I'd eat them just because they came in a value meal or were the side. That's my main thing, I ate things just because they were there.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Domino's Pasta Bread Bowl :(
  • gaddybear
    gaddybear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soda. Especially Mountain Dew. Don't even get me started on what I found is in that stuff. It's the stuff of nightmares and for years I drank 3-5 of them a day along with fast food thinking it wouldn't do anything.

I don't drink soda at all anymore. :)

or eat at fast food chains.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    All the 'diet' food that I used to eat. I'll never eat an artificially manipulated low fat/low calorie food again!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Domino's Pasta Bread Bowl :(

I had the chicken alfredo one a few weeks ago - well worth the 1500 calories. I agree with a PP, I can't believe what I used to force myself to eat because I thought it was better for me. I was so stupid eating a small bowl of Special K, a lean cuisine, non-fat yogurt, and grilled chicken and veggies.

There's nothing wrong with that, but I am so glad I educated myself to portion my normal foods and enjoy so much more food for the same amount of calories.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I loved these and had them whenever I could.. now i think the sugar would kill me.

Cinnabon - Carmel Pecan Cinnamon Roll
    Servings: 1
    Calories 1,080 Sodium 960 mg
    Total Fat 50 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 20 g Total Carbs 147 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 76 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 14 g
    Cholesterol 25 mg
  • Goalsoalgoals
    Options
    Noodles... Covered in melted cheese and put in a tortilla
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Like 20 mins ago, I used to eat a glazed croissant-donut (in the spirit of a cronut) and I'm disgusted that I didn't buy more of them.
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Noodles... Covered in melted cheese and put in a tortilla

I don't know why but these kind of creations always make me think of my friend's dad and what he would cook after indulging in some of the "herb of the field". He'd put peanut butter, banana, vegemite(salty yeast spread), sardines, jam and cheese in a sandwich and grill it. I tried it once and it actually wasn't awful.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Liters of iced Pepsi, I still drink a bit here and there but not more than once every one/two week.
    Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino, holy craaaap. It's so nasty, I haven't had it in like atleast 6 months,my bf had one couple days ago and I took a sip, it's so sweet, so bleeeh, lol. But before I would drink it couple times a week.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I loved these and had them whenever I could.. now i think the sugar would kill me.

Trans 0 g Protein 14 g
    Cholesterol 25 mg

Oh gosh, I got to have it as my cheat meal lol.
  • GBPack93
    Options
    Just soda, used to drink 3-4 cans of dew daily. So much sugar, which makes me crave more sugar
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Surprised in regards to portions? Yes. Disgusted? No.

The only food I get "disgusted" about are the ones I don't like.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Trans 0 g Protein 14 g
    Cholesterol 25 mg

Oh gosh, I got to have it as my cheat meal lol.

I'm in for one, too.... I was just thinking about Cinnabon, today. Their website says a few less calories and sugar in the 'Classic' than MFP does.
  • Ransou
    Options
    As a dominos employee I can completely agree with you. That there is like...1000 calories. Pasta in the dish is about 600.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to eat bland flavorless baked chicken breast, salad and non-fat plain yogurt all the time. I cringe at what I ate during those days.

Now I eat delicious steaks, ice cream, pizza and burgers. So much better and less repulsive.
    Haha. Ditto! And have had more success ever since! (I still eat lots of chicken breast too, but only because I like it, not because I have to.) :laugh:
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Like 20 mins ago, I used to eat a glazed croissant-donut (in the spirit of a cronut) and I'm disgusted that I didn't buy more of them.

:laugh:

I eat everything I ate when I was heavier, but in smaller quantities! (sometimes)