Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Options

Replies

• HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    McDonalds fries!
    Clearly BK ones are tastier!! :happy:
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A gas station sausage, egg and cheese croissant, EVERY morning before work! Or the lovely burgers and chips with soda from the gas station!
  • confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter scooped out with Oreos.

I mean, delicious.. but terrible for your heart and pancreas. :angry:
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I remember going to my favorite Mexican restaurant and ordering a huge super burrito with everything/ including extras on it. On the plate would also be a large amount of beans and rice. I would eat the whole thing! I can't believe I used to eat that much...and that was "normal" for me! Smh
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What I ate yesterday Ruby Tuesday Black and blue prime cheese burger on pretzel bread plus fries 1,600 hundred calories NEVER AGAIN. I almost cried because that's my calorie limit for the day. Thank god I hadn't eaten much and had workout for 3 hours prior so I ended up burning like 900 that day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    One day my husband and I went to McDonald's for lunch and I remember eating a quarter pounder with cheese combo meal. After that, I decided I was craving seafood so we went to Long John's (just minutes after leaving McDonald's). There I ate 2 pieces of chicken, a piece of fish and 3 shrimp. After Long John's, I was STUFFED! But, I have to have dessert so we went to Dairy Queen where I got a large cookie dough blizzard. I ate it on the way home. Right as I walked through my front door and had approximately 2 bites of ice cream left, I puked all over the floor! Way too much food. And I am totally ashamed that I ever did this. My mind was not in a good place at that time.

Honestly SEVERAL of my friends eat like this regularly, always have, and are still around the "normal range" weight wise...130-150 lb at age 36. So weird! I always wonder about their health though, over time.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    "Lean cuisine", pizza rolls, microwave pot pies and really, microwave ANYTHING.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When I start this I changed to healthy eating and I no longer eat or want fast food. I find it disgusting. Their pink slime. What big business passes off as food is disgusting so I don't and won't eat out. The allowable amount of hair and bugs in processed for makes my skin crawl. I am so glad I eat whole foods.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wrights meat & potato pies (a local delicacy with really thick pastry) topped with mushy peas and gravy - oh god! I want one now!!!
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't demonize food.

Portion control was an issue in the past, for sure. When I look at the AMOUNT of food/booze I ate/drank in college it's no wonder I gained so much weight back then!
  • Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anything from McDonalds.

:grumble: Yep, what in the world was I thinking!!!!
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Raeman Soup. OMG, If I had known what damage they caused I would have stoped sooner.
  • ItsJenney
    Options
    Used to be a #10 combo at Taco Bell, I don't know what it is now because I don't even go there. It was a Grilled Stuffed Burrito with the side order of nachos and cheese...with a diet coke of course.:noway:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    e901ffd5-e20d-4099-ae48-eea0b7b119b8.jpg

Oh wait, I ate this last night. I don't cut anything I love out. Just fit it into my calories and lifestyle!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

Like... a whole pizza... by myself
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Years ago I used to frequently eat entire pizzas for dinner. Sometimes even one and a half :noway:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was really clueless about a lot of things. I thought a mini or small-sized shake from Sonic was probably a slightly better choice than a chocolate bar. Nope!

Actually since I've been on MFP I feel like in some ways, even though I eat less, I am more satisfied especially on the occasions that I have a big "treat". I go into it knowing exactly what I'm choosing, and feeling it's worth it. All of the junky, unsatisfying fast food goes unpurchased and uneaten by me, and I load up on pad Thai once a month and feel like it's worth every calorie, fat gram, etc...
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Entire share size bag of Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations. It's 150g which is about 750 cals and 2.5g of salt. I still like the crisps, that's not the issue, it's just that I would eat that as a 'snack' while watching a movie.

Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations! THey are the bomb.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't a food, it's diet soda. I hardly ever have soda anymore and when I do I can never drink a whole one it's just too sweet now. But now when I indulge it is always real soda not diet. I tasted diet soda the other day and it was gross, I used to not have a problem with it. Guess things change when you step away from it for a while
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm with a lot of other posters. There is absolutely nothing that I USED to eat. Now when it comes to portion sizes, that has gone waaayyyy down. But if I really want it, I make it happen. :)