Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Options

Replies

• guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    90 %of my choices were poor: very fat, too sweet, huge calorie laden portions. I was completely ignorant of calories and macros. I ate what tasted the best... Then said to myself I'm too heavy to exercise, full of excuses.

I actually right now enjoy eating healthy, I'm so sick of that junk that I used to eat for so long.
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Poptarts...never really liked them when I was eating them, but they were so easy. Other than that...I didn't eat anything bad or shocking...I just ate wayyyy too much and moved wayyy too little
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I used to have a thing for European wieners .. and mozzarella cheese. I was doing about 14,000 calories a week. It was just crazy but those wieners are very yummy. I had a hard time not buying them in the supermarket.

I love European wieners! I've never had a wiener with mozzarella cheese, but I do love cheese. I can dig it.

2wm2n2u.gif
  • whit_7
    whit_7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Applebees Honey BBQ wings Calories 1,250

One appetizer destroys my whole day of calories, those days are over!!!!!
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to eat whole footlong Subway sandwiches, too. I still eat Subway, just 6" and it's more than enough! I was more concerned about passing up a great deal than overindulging.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Top Ramen. I used to eat TWO packs for a meal.

I had a half of a pack (a true serving ) a couple weeks ago, and gagged on the taste. How did I love those things?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm only surprised I didn't get heavier than I did, with the quantities of chips and /or cheese i would eat.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For me it was the amount of stuff I would eat.. in a day.

Big bags of chips and a block of chocolate - all in one day. Im surprised I never gained too much weight, but I remember feeling quite gross.
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    Couldn't believe I could finish a KFC Overloaded meal with extra rice before.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    One day my husband and I went to McDonald's for lunch and I remember eating a quarter pounder with cheese combo meal. After that, I decided I was craving seafood so we went to Long John's (just minutes after leaving McDonald's). There I ate 2 pieces of chicken, a piece of fish and 3 shrimp. After Long John's, I was STUFFED! But, I have to have dessert so we went to Dairy Queen where I got a large cookie dough blizzard. I ate it on the way home. Right as I walked through my front door and had approximately 2 bites of ice cream left, I puked all over the floor! Way too much food. And I am totally ashamed that I ever did this. My mind was not in a good place at that time.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pork pies ... shocking calories and the fact I could quite happily sit and eat 6 custard donuts or 4 double chocolate chip american muffins all in one sitting .... oh how things change!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Crisps... Not just one 28g bag, but I'd graze on them...one after another! It was disgusting! Now I just try to avoid them..or have a bag as a very occasional treat! I can't think now why I did that!:angry:
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general...especially Taco Bell. Now I pretty much never eat fast food, once every couple months. Buying food from the grocery store is not only cheaper but way healthier too (depending on what you buy lol). I feel so much better and have a ton more energy now that I don't eat fast food. Oh and soda....I used to drink it A LOT. Now I stick to water, milk, tea (sometimes sweetened but more often unsweetened), and iced coffee (black) with milk. I have soda maybe once a month now, a 22 oz cup.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I used to eat entire large portioned restaurant meals in one sitting. Nowadays I eat until I feel satisfied then take the rest home in a box and make another meal or two with it. 2-3 meals for the price of 1. win win :drinker:

i haven't given up any actual foods.... I just eat them in sensible portion sizes.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Entire share size bag of Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations. It's 150g which is about 750 cals and 2.5g of salt. I still like the crisps, that's not the issue, it's just that I would eat that as a 'snack' while watching a movie.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd "treat" myself every once in awhile to a McDonalds Drive-thru breakfast on the way to work... a couple of sausage biscuits and a sweet tea.

The Biscuits = (for 2)....1000 calories, 60 grams of fat, and 2400mg of sodium!

The tea = 280 calories and 54 g of sugar!

Holy crap!!!!
  • cheexy85
    Options
    Peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches on toasted bread layered with honey then sprinkled with sugar,retopped with another layer of soft fresh white bread and a light coat of PB and marshmallow . ( My excuse.. I was a teenager with a high metabolism and hedonistic)

Can't decide if that sounds gross or really good:/
    I'll vote for really yummy
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of Dr Pepper. I don't have a great appeitite, so I barely ate food but I drank a lot of soda. I gave that up and now I drink a lot of water.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In college I used to love having McDonald's breakfast right before class. The big breakfast is like 1090 calories!! Eeekk! My favorite sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit like 600 calories not including my hash brown, and drink. I haven't eaten McDonald's in a 3 years and I still can't believe I blew calories on such low quality crap. I'll enjoy my brunch foods on the weekend but NYC brunch food is so much more worth it.

Oh Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. I use to study in the library with a grande version every single day. 470 calories! Now I just get a tall blonde roast with soy milk for less than 30 calories.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Like others, I'm more so shocked at my portions and how often I used to have them. My biggest vice was having at least four 32 oz fountain drinks from my local convenience store every. single. day. One in the morning, one at lunch, one on the way home, one before dinner. So many extra, empty calories!

I also can't believe how often I would eat donuts or whatever other unhealthy treat set out in the break room at work. I'm not even a sweets person and could go the rest of my life without ever thinking about a donut. I would eat them just because they were there, which makes me so sad. That was the case in a lot of situations. Just eating because.

This was me exactly. A 32oz Dr. Pepper morning, noon, and night. I can remember my ex and I would stop at Sonic on the way home from work so I could get my soda. We went on a kick of splitting cheese sticks after work then going home and making dinner. Not a good for you dinner but alfredo, or fried chicken, or some other terrible thing. My first diet move was to cut out soda, dropped 20 pounds without changing anything else or exercising.

Often I would eat out for lunch too. I remember a common lunch was 8 chicken wings and blue cheese dressing. Yeah, I don't know how I ended up 150 pounds over weight.