Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Turnt up
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oh and "same difference" annoys the crap out of me!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Seen....as in "I seen this really funny movie." You didn't "seen" anything, you saw something. You may "have seen" something..."I have seen this show before". Drives me insane!
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    "rank and file"; leaving out the infinitive "to be"...In western and central Pennsylvania, it is not uncommon to hear, "My hair needs cut"
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    People using 'spastic' or 'retarded' to mean a normal stupid thing that someone would do. Maybe I'm oversensitive but I find it offensive. Oh and marshmellows instead of marshmallows, or pinguin instead of penguin. Not really phrases, but people talking like 5-year olds drives me mad.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hate the word yummy with a passion. I also hate when anyone refers to a "tummy" or "belly" when not speaking to somebody under six years old.

Yeah, that. I hate when someone refers to their stomach as their tummy. Ugh.

And the phrases "at the end of the day" or "that said".

I hate it when someone refers to their 'tummy' (i.e. lower torso) as their stomach because YOUR STOMACH IS AN ORGAN
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

This exactly.
    "Moist..." There is never an appropriate time to use that word.

you dont bbq enough then. i recommend you don't watch bbq pitmasters. they say it all the time.

the ONE that irks me more than any other, and i cant believe it hasnt been said already:

om nom nom nom

man i can barely even type it out. im digusted at myself in having done so.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Ain't (hate this, it just makes the speaker sounds ignorant)
    Cool Beans (how did this ever come into existence?)
    Women calling other women Mama
    Old Lady or Old Man when referring to a wife or husband
    kiddos or rug rats
    Vajayjay (just grow up already)

I'm sure there are many more, but I am having a good day so this is all that comes to mind.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I hate the word yummy with a passion. I also hate when anyone refers to a "tummy" or "belly" when not speaking to somebody under six years old.

Yeah, that. I hate when someone refers to their stomach as their tummy. Ugh.

And the phrases "at the end of the day" or "that said".

I hate it when someone refers to their 'tummy' (i.e. lower torso) as their stomach because YOUR STOMACH IS AN ORGAN

Shhh
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    skinny mini

push present

Paleo
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    More baffling than annoying but finding it too difficult to call someone the "master of ceremonies," we started referring to them as the MC.
    Fine. But then to make a word out of that? Emcee???
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    axe instead of ask...

if you axe someone for a sandwich it is murder
    if you ask someone for a sandwich it is polite

or pop instead of soda

pop is a sound
    soda is a drink
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Amazeballs. Whoever came up with this word needs to be stabbed with a fork.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    All of these are funny :smile: I'll add women calling their boobs "the girls".

^^Agreed, also referring to them as puppies!

My vote for worst word is *kitten* - it makes me want to insert screwdrivers in my ears & pluck out my eyes.

What about sweater kittens?

Sweater kittens is also not acceptable. Nor are sweater's made from kittens. However, kittens in sweaters are adorable!

Agreed to all the above.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Ain't (hate this, it just makes the speaker sounds ignorant)
    Cool Beans (how did this ever come into existence?)
    Women calling other women Mama
    Old Lady or Old Man when referring to a wife or husband
    kiddos or rug rats
    Vajayjay (just grow up already)

I'm sure there are many more, but I am having a good day so this is all that comes to mind.

I completely agree with you on all of these. Vajayjay just sounds like a serious VD to me. "I've got a bad case of the vajayjay, so I went to the free clinic for anti-biotics".
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    And one last one for the road: I hate when people say,"putting on my face". What did you just say? Only drag queens and prostitutes put on their faces; I put on makeup. End of story.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Addicting, used as an adjective. F*cking stop it.

'Cute' randomly inserted into sentences. Ie. 'having a cute dinner with my friends!' Unless your dinner is a puppy, it isn't 'cute'

People who randomly add extra letters to every word in a sentence 'OMMMGGGG U GUUUYYYSSS! HOWWWW HHOTTT ISSS ITTTTT TODAAAYYY?!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Oh and my step sister calls vagina's Woo-Woo's. I normally love genital euphemisms but this makes me want to punch her in the face.

'Cuddles or snuggles' instant boner-killer.

Boo, mama/momma/mumma/yummy mummy/baby mumma/mumma bear/mumma tiger/mumma ocelot
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "I could care less."

Explanation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    ****ing hate when a couple says "we have irreconcilable issue so we are parting" that ******irreconcilable*** is something that does not exist!! damn thing to create such words!!:grumble: