What do you put in your tuna?

Options
123457»

Replies

• shannajk
    Options
    I put 1/4 apple, 1 celery stalk and 2 TBS. mayo. per 5 oz. can of tuna. On this diet, I can eat about 1/2 of it (200 calories or less every 3 hours).
  • savlav
    Options
    I mix in relish, mustard, horseradish, salsa, and a little bit of hot sauce, instead of bread I use hearts of romaine! Just mix up your tuna concoction and lay it down the middle of a leaf, much healthier for gluten free diets and it keeps me on track while enjoying an old favorite :)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    A screw!
    i-dropped-the-screw-in-the-tuna.gif

Couldn't help myself. I have nothing useful to add, I don't like tuna.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    shallots/onions, dill pickle, celery, mustard, mayo, paprika, garlic powder & black pepper!!!
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like a tuna salad (made with mayo, lots of pepper, and celery) on some toasted sourdough! With lettuce and tomato, and a side of chips of course.

My dream meal. I get hungry just thinking about it.
  • RaeRum82
    RaeRum82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just a little bit of mayo!
  • daphneC94
    Options
    avocado instead of mayo :D
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will eat it plain but alongside a bit of Kraft dinner when that's what the kids r asking for; but in a sandwich I like it with chopped celery, chopped dill pickle, black pepper, a little calorie wise MW and lettuce...I like the crunch, so the almonds idea sounds like a good idea too!
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't have measurements... I've been eyeballing it since I was a kid...that's how I was taught. Anyway

Tuna Buns:

tuna (as many cans as needed, one large usually makes 5)
    chopped onion
    chopped celery
    mayo
    Marzetti's slaw dressing
    salt and pepper

Mix in bowl, let chill for a bit to incorporate flavors.

hamburger buns face up, tuna on 1/2, slice of cheese (I use American, you can use whatever) on top

Broil in oven until cheese is browned.

Pull it out, make a sandwich. =)
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nothing...I would really rather be hungry than eat tuna. Pregnancy thing, you know! LOL
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I put low cal Italian dressing with fresh parsley and herbs. This helps me cut out fat and calories and I enjoy eating tuna much more!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    In sandwiches, avocado. I've also been doing a mix of tuna, black beans, a soft boiled egg and salsa....all in a bowl.
  • gknopp87
    gknopp87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mix contents of one can tuna (packed in water) with 1/4 cup alfredo pasta sauce, add some chopped onion. Optional to add some pickle relish. Split the mixture and roll in two tortillas. Microwave until hot. 410 cal.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do eat it I put in mayo, sweet pickle relish, chopped boiled egg, and a teaspoon or two of sugar. Then I make a sandwich with it. I like my tuna sandwiches to taste sweet! Sometimes I eat is straight out of the can too.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Grew up making it with Mayo, celery and onion.... developed an allergy to raw onion and change to Mayo and relish.

Playing around one day I did a south western twist and it turned out pretty good
    Tuna, corn, roasted red peppers, olives I feel like I'm forgetting something (black beans? maybe?) I haven't done this in a long time. I'll have to figure it out again.

OMG... just now reading back thru the thread... tomato and avocado sound like a great addition to the above, but I see somany other good ideas too!

bump
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Olive oil mayo, finely shredded colby jack cheese and then stuffed in halved/seeded pickled jalepenos topped with more shredded colby jack cheese. Let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to let flavors meld. They're fantastic!!
  • raquelserna7
    Options
    I make a play on ceviche or a seafood (shrimp cocktail):

Dole has a line of Chopped Salads (with chopped green cabbage, mature green kale, red cabbage, carrots, romaine, green onions etc.). I add raw chopped tomatoes, raw chopped red onion, raw red bell pepper, raw chopped cucumber, raw jalapeno, a shallot or garlic and any other veggies I have laying around. Add some lemon juice (sometimes I add a little bit of homemade mustard vinaigrette (1 tbl dijon mustard, 2 tbl white wine vinegar, 1 tsp agave)). Add some tuna, salt and pepper and ENJOY!!! Sometimes I eat it with a small stack of saltine crackers. Seems like a lot of work, but once you have the salad, half the work is done for you! Good way to get those veggies in :)