How many calories did you eat in a day before MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    2000-2500, but it was mostly high sugar and highly processed stuff. Ive never been extremely overweight, and although I havent lost much weight since starting MFP, I feel a lot healthier and have stronger will power
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Average day was about 3900 calories and 350 grams of carbs!! Yikes!
  • glenclouser
    glenclouser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Probably 4000-5000....and some days more. I am so grateful for MFP!!!
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd say at least 2500 per day, oh and when the PMS kicks in that number probably doubled.
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I came up with around 4,400. Largely due to the fact that I could easily kill about one and a half two-liter bottles of cherry Coke in a day by myself. I am shocked that I topped out at "only" 220 pounds while I was doing this to myself.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    binge..:) happens to us all..
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think about alcoholic calories in my experiment, and I'd guess Baileys has a fair few calories too. Whoops! Mikey, I don't think I could fit all the pizzas I weigh in my house - and it's a pretty big house too :(

I live in big house too LOL no idea, had 2 bottles of wine and some snacks, prop 4000 cal
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I probably used to regularly eat over 6000 a day. I ran and lifted alot, so I guess that's why I only ended up at 235 ish

For humor, I have included a few hypothetical meals, so if you are a big person its not that hard to be ridiculous. Cokes and alchohol add alot of empty calories

Day 1 (5392)
    Breakfast 800
    Sausage English Muffin at McDonald's 370
    Large Coke 280
    Hashbrown 150

Lunch 1580
    Big Mac 550
    Large Fries 500
    regular hamburger 250
    Large Coke 280

Dinner 3012
    6 pack of Shiner bock 852
    1 medium Dominos sausage pizza 2160

Day 2 (6090)
    Breakfast 630
    Whataburger sausage burrito 200
    Large Coke 280
    Hashbrown 150

Lunch 1940
    Taco bell bean burrito 380
    5 tacos supreme 1000
    2 Large Cokes 560

Dinner 3520
    salad with Ranch 360
    24 ounce t-bone 1800
    Fries 500
    2 large cokes 560
    Cheesecake 300
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    3000ish I think. Probably 5000 some days. I only gained 10 lbs in 5 years, which is actually quite shocking (on a side note, I looked at your diary, you got to eat more than 1200 calories!).

this irritates me SO badly. I get very tired of people saying you have to eat more than that. Everyone is DIFFERENT. Some people do and some really don' t need more than that. I am at goal for 1200 and at that I am not even close to the 2 pounds a week max. I am at one pound a week with 1200 calories. If I went up much more I'd be at maintenance. Personally I'd LOVE to lose the weight before I die.

So.. yeah. I DO need to eat not much more than 1200 calories and that's true of other small sized people who don't get a ton of exercise as well.
    I wish people here would stop trying to push things on other people. At least ask, how tall are you and are you male or female... before freaking assuming things.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but it was just enough to gain 30lbs in a year.....I know because I was married and I know what I weighed then...the next year my dad got married and that is one of my before pics...at 205 appx..it could have been more I am not sure...