MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Not as good as some of the others. But I have found this to be very true for me.

fitspo2_zpsac80f262.jpg

/claps excellent! :smooched: :smooched:

This inspires me!

I am one of those people who has not run far enough to lose my wind yet. So maybe tonight I will do just that because of those awesome calves!! Mir got me doing my push ups!:drinker:

You never know what will inspire another person. YOU should be very VERY proud of yourself my dear:heart::smooched: :heart:

Thank you :blushing:

A few times now I have run and start feeling a bit sore and everything in me says to stop. Once you get past that point it is as if it gets more manageable and it feels like you can keep going and going. ( I haven't run very far either. my furthest has been about 6 miles) But its a an improvement from only being able to do 100 feet at 292 pounds

I find that if.... when I feel that I am hitting a wall... I start to count every other footfall, from one to ten and repeat, I go into a trance like state... and before I know it... that cramp I had - is gone. The breathing I was struggling with... is better... the voices in my head telling me to quit... have quietened.

It has served me so well, that I blogged it - and I keep bringing it up to anyone who is interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MireyGal76/view/running-my-bs-and-cs-to-breaking-through-the-wall-601006

Oh and...

AWESOME FITSPO PEOPLE!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!! :heart:
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this! Bumping so I can make my own (as a work in progress!)
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mirey. Love the blog.

This was me about 3 months ago.
    "I never used to run. I used to say "I only run when I'm chased, and even then, only IF I don't think I could take em down"

LOL.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    d189e44d-7053-4413-8d89-1b3a3fabe021_zps57e1888d.jpg

I shared with my MFP friends that yesterday was my birthday and I squeezed into a beautiful dress, in which I could not breathe, and asked my wonderful but honest husband's opinion. He said "It almost fits". I wore it anyway, and was on the verge of tears the until intermission at the ballet, overwhelmed with discouragement at what little success I've had so far. But thanks to the encouragement of my friends, I'm not giving up. Today, it's back to counting calories, working out. If it takes me 5 yrs, I'm going to do it. I copied your pic and am putting it on my mirror. I hope you don't mind.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    d189e44d-7053-4413-8d89-1b3a3fabe021_zps57e1888d.jpg

I shared with my MFP friends that yesterday was my birthday and I squeezed into a beautiful dress, in which I could not breathe, and asked my wonderful but honest husband's opinion. He said "It almost fits". I wore it anyway, and was on the verge of tears the until intermission at the ballet, overwhelmed with discouragement at what little success I've had so far. But thanks to the encouragement of my friends, I'm not giving up. Today, it's back to counting calories, working out. If it takes me 5 yrs, I'm going to do it. I copied your pic and am putting it on my mirror. I hope you don't mind.

Mind? Never! I am honored! :-D

Sometimes the overwhelming discouragement is the final catalyst that gets us on our road to changing. You can do this!!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Mirey. Love the blog.

This was me about 3 months ago.
    "I never used to run. I used to say "I only run when I'm chased, and even then, only IF I don't think I could take em down"

LOL.

Thank you!!! :-D
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mv8tbsISUi1sr9vtpo1_500.jpg

Beautiful! Inspires me to look forward to some trail runs in the spring!!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great stuff!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    IMAG2366.jpg
    Because this is so much more fun than sitting at home on a Saturday!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    IMAG2366.jpg
    Because this is so much more fun than sitting at home on a Saturday!

FIFY :-D

AND I LOVE THIS!!!

75f28969-4bec-44cb-985d-e91908fa615a_zpscf81053c.jpg
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Cause I want to see more :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    75f28969-4bec-44cb-985d-e91908fa615a_zpscf81053c.jpg