How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ddpiel
    Options
    Each morning - about six or seven times in the space of 5 minutes. I take the lowest reading to be the most accurate. :wink:

LOL... I do the exact same thing! Yes, I know it's an overall measure. Yes, I'm striving for moderation. Yes, I know there's more to life than a number on a scale. Yes, I do it anyway. ;)

Me too. It's a little obsessive but that's how I roll, lol
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a couple of times a day, but only record it occasionally. I know the afternoon weight will be higher than morning weight, but weighing 159 one day, then 162.5 the next, then 160.1 the next is driving me crazy. The only day in the last 3 weeks that I went over my calories is because of the adjustments my UP bracelet makes to my allotted calories. It was only by about 40 calories, but the numbers can change 100+ calories through out the day. My allotment can go from 1400 to 1270 at any point in the day. I try to stay as close to eating all of them as possible. Even on days that I eat things that I shouldn't eat very often, I stay below my calorie count. My clothes still fit the same, it is the principle of getting to my goal weight. 4 or 5 lbs is still 4 or 5 lbs. ????
  • dougiebanks
    dougiebanks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3/wk.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 times a week usually in the morning when i wake up
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    There was a time I was weighing myself up to at least 20 times (!!!) a day. When I got up, when I dressed myself, so I knew exactly how heavy my clothes were, after every meal, etc... In the end the scale was telling me what I could eat, if I still could eat. It was a complete obsession, which caused me a lot of stress and prevented me from loosing weight after a while.

At this very moment I am pleased I got over it and don't weigh myself at all anymore. The other measurements tell me enough. What a relief! It was hard in the beginning, because I felt like I don't have it under control not knowing how much I weigh and with that the fear I might gain without knowing, but it goes well and as long as I am capable to wear the same size of clothes it's fine with me.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Once, maybe twice a week. I like the scale at my fiance's house versus the one at mine because it gives BF% (I know it's not totally accurate) and hydration level and you can also track weight loss. I'll weigh myself at my house maybe on Wednesdays just to see if I'm at least maintaining my weight, and then record my weight based on my fiance's scale on Fridays. I used to do it every day, but It would make me get so depressed seeing any gains.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I weigh daily for my workout log. But only pay attention to trends that last more than a week or two.
  • dvizma
    dvizma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once a week :)
  • delilahslim
    Options
    I don't have scales at home,I'd be on them constantly.so as soon as I see a set i jump on them and i pay to use the ones in pharmacies and shopping centres if I haven't weighed myself for a few days.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    24 times a day. (Once per hour)

na, once every morning.
  • delilahslim
    Options
    I don't have scales at home,I'd be on them constantly.so as soon as I see a set i jump on them and i pay to use the ones in pharmacies and shopping centres if I haven't weighed myself for a few days.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and only log it when it goes down. This sometimes leads to longer periods when I don't log anything because it's fluctuating, but that's fine with me.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Every Late Night, with an near empty stomach, and like to make be sure my bowels are empty before weighing.