3 yrs./312lbs. lost & 1yr. from Bodylift and Maintenance

Options

Replies

• Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration man! This is AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONSSSSS, I'm so happy for you!!!
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Amazing story Ed, congratulations!!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you as a friend, Ed! You are amazing and I can't believe it's been a year since your surgery! Yay for maintenance mode. :)
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You are such a hero and inspiration to so many of us here that I hereby nominate you as King of MFP.

Well, if not king, at least Mayor McCheese.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yeah..you definitely are the biggest winner!! I have heard your name as being the most inspiring person on here but never read your story till now..thank you for sharing..and I have to go tell some people they were correct....
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500_zps2c091f68.gif
    brilliant.GIF
    Dancing_Gopher_Caddyshack1.gif
    tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-4825-1364331376-0.gif
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-18652-1363968549-10.gif
    tumblr_ml91unNZLv1r4xh8wo1_400.gif
    mnGJe.gif
    tumblr_inline_mi1743mPJB1qz4rgp.gif
  • jamilahlax
    jamilahlax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ed! Congratulations! Your success is inspiring! I just joined MFP a month ago and am wondering if I can learn from your experience. I started out at 515lbs and am down to 313 now, but I have been stalled for the last two weeks. I know the program projects a high caloric intake for those of us with bigger bodies. I exercise a lot (65-105 minutes on the elliptical 6 days/week), so it's telling me to eat between 3,000 and 4,000 calories a day. That seems like a whole lot of eating though... I'm scared to do it. I usually have about 1500-1700 calories remaining at the end of they day. I feel satisfied during the day for the most part. How closely did you follow the calorie intake recommendations?

Thanks, Ed! Congratulations again! And thanks for sharing your story.

I lost the majority of my weight eating over 3000 calories a day (I start this journey at 2500 calories with a 40/30/30 split but was up to 3000 calories within the first 6 months and still lost 100 lbs. during that time) and have been eating 4000 calories a week for the last year in maintenance. I too exercise alot and am a FIRM believer in fueling my body for the workouts I demand it to do....

Thank you, Ed! I'm really glad I asked. And congratulations again!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    A truly inspirational post. Congratulations, Ed! Keep it up!
  • 1life2gain
    Options
    wow you give me hope...your amazing
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    holey *kitten*! great job!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats some serious dedication and a wonderful payoff/.. CONGRATS!!!
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. I started at almost 340lb's and have been maintaining the 140's now for a year. Great to see that you are doing so well! Keep it up!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible!!!!!! I have seen you on the boards, always with sound advice and huge amounts of support. I have visited your website over the last few months and have followed your journey - you are absolutely AMAZING in your resolve .... this is what MFP is about - doing it right and showing others that IT IS possible - whether it's 10, 100 or 300 lbs :). HUGE thank you for sharing your story so candidly :) You, sir, are an amazing person!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Amazing.
    Can't fool me though...That's a different guy in the "before" pic!!!! <jk>
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Wow - you are AWESOME! Great job!
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Ed,
    Thanks for sharing your story and information with me. I am headed for a similar experience. I am going to lose about another 40# then start working on the skin. Good job!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Amazing! what an inspiration! Congrats!
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing story.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an amazing transformation!
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    That is just wow. Amazing! Congrats!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!