ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    my skinny jeans, saved all these years. And a knit dress WITHOUT spanx
  • charmedlife901
    Options
    An Herve Leger bandage dress!
  • marisita1994
    Options
    I bought this one black pencil skirt that was too small for me on purpose to encourage me to lose weight so I can wear it. I can't wait, I love pencil skirts! They're so sexy. Oh and lingerie! I already wear it but I'll look better in it :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've kinda reached mine...dresses that do not have to have a cardigan over them for me to feel like I look cute.

So I guess the next goal for me is smaller sized dresses. Maybe a 14 in the future (in between 16 and 18 currently)!

ETA: I'd like to own a LADIES babydoll t-shirt one day. I never could wear one during the 90's when they were in style. I faked it with smaller-than-usual men's ringer tees but sometime down the line I intend to wear one, just because.

We're kindred spirits!
    I'm not finished losing weight, but even so, I like my body now more than I ever have in my entire life (I'm 37).
    Now I'm happier with my body I am wearing things I've wanted to wear since I was a teenager so there are a few 90's things in there - a form-fittings ladies t-shirt being one. I have one (a work freebie), and it looks OK, I wear it running, but I am looking forward getting a nice one (a ringer deffo) and it looking great.
    One clothes dream that I've realized is a vintage velvet blazer. I had one when I was 14 and it didn't look good so I gave it to a friend. I bought one two weeks ago and (I can't believe I am typing this!) I look amazing in it - my shoulders and back look lovely in it, in a way they never, ever have before - even as a not-fat 14 year old.

One thing that is a bit strange about all of this - I haven't given a crap about clothes in years, just had a load of the few things I didn't look terrible in, and I sort of thought people who liked clothes were a bit shallow.
    But I found myself with some time to kill in town the other day, and I was walking around a Superdry shop going "Ooh, that's lovely, I like that, I must try that on next time I've here". So do I like clothes now? Or did I always, but I've fought it (because you can't really like clothes and be fat)? It's a strange feeling.

Edit - I remembered another - a corduroy dungaree dress. I bought a cheapo one on Amazon.co.uk, and it came and but it was a bit rubbish - (you get what you pay for), and my partner said it looked "cosplay-ish". HOWEVER - it fit me perfectly- a UK size 14 - so that felt great (I used to be a size 18 or 20 UK).
    So I still need a nice dungaree dress! I might get a friend to make me one.

We do sound like kindred spirits! :-) I'll be 37 on November 3rd hehe, so same age as well!

I actually feel like I was MORE into clothes and fashion though, when I was heavier! It's like I thought by being perfectly matched, accessorized, and turned out every day people would not notice the extra lb (even when I was actually 80 lb bigger)! I spent a fortune on beautiful clothing when I was 3X, 22 pant. As I've lost weight over the past few years I find myself gravitating more toward inexpensive finds in secondhand stores. I wear a lot more comfortable things and active wear. Fewer accessories, too. I do not want to lose my sense of style! I am carrying an athletic-type handbag today that is designed for hikers. What have I become?? lol Just kidding. I do dress up often, I still wear a lot of skirts and dresses.

Due to a bunch of factors including weight loss, my closet is drastically different than ever before. I have about 20 tops, 8 dresses, 5 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of pant = outfits I actually wear over and over. 5 years ago at my heaviest, I probably owned 1,000 articles of clothing (not kidding).

I did find a lovely blue dress to marry in next month. Size 18 and a bit big on me, but I feel great in it!
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtsauaXBk11sj3oxho1_500.jpg

I'll be dead before I can get into it. :laugh:
    DAMN! Best answer yet- totally tops mine! A light blue polka dot bathing suit.
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    itty bitty polka dot bikini!
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My gorgeous skin tight, body hugging Wiggle dress by Stop Staring, size small!
    If I could only shift this last 6 pounds :sad:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I my upper arms are ever ripped, I am going to cut all the sleeves off all my clothes! RAWR! :laugh: :bigsmile: :noway:
  • TeamAwesomeDanger
    Options
    Wedding dress!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    something totally outrageous and fun!!!

12492_A.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily this small, but I need to look decent in this dress by August. I'm a bridesmaid and I don't want to be the "fat" bridesmaid. A year later is when I get married. I have this dress posted everywhere, at my desk, in my wallet, on my fridge at home. It's highly motivating lol 40 more lbs to go!

ba07c8cd1d185afabbd0f1e2a037006e_zps3bb83c39.jpg
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would like a costume I bought for November for my renewal to be a little loose instead of a little tight. It is a corset top and bloomer bottoms. So the top I'm good with, but the bottoms I would like about an inch of my waist for....Soon baby soon..

That outfit...If it ever looks like that on me ..then i'll post pics :)

http://www.retroscopefashions.com/images/ladies/CT-32160.jpg
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Boustier.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Skinny leather pants!!!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A very cute tennis outfit - size small preferably and the skirt will not be black
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A bathing suit, and jeans with a tank top. .
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have an underdog T-Shirt I fit into back in the day. I definitely wound up fitting into back last november, it's approaching being too big but it will then only be comfy big.

Also, it was never on my mind but my warrior dash T-Shirt from 2012 SHRANK in the dryer last year and it fits now, no problems.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My goals for weight loss/fitness are all pretty much clothes oriented: Granted, I could always wear these things as a bigger girl, but *I* don't want to! I want to feel confident and comfortable, and not keep tugging things back into place or feel the need to hide under a sweater or such.

Goal #1: Dress up as Black Widow for cosplay -Done! I sent my measurements to the seamstress this morning!
    Goal #2: Wear a sweater dress to a company function around Thanksgiving
    Goal #3: Wear a slinky evening gown to the Holiday Ball
    Goal #4: Order two new pairs of custom made jeans (makeyourownjeans.com is AWESOME!)
    Goal #5: Do a boudoir photo shoot for my birthday in June
  • CandyJ1972
    Options
    Skinny leather pants!!!

^^ T.H.I.S