*GROUP*--calling women who lift & eat (TDEE-20% or more)

Options
Okay, so a few years ago I started a thread based on women who eat 2000+ calories a day--and I met dokey if the most amazing, like-minded women who eventually became close friends. For over a year we shared our lives and fitness journey and it was ABSOLUTELY ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTIVE.

My hope is much the same this time around. I would love to find a group of food-loving women who eat more than conventional diets suggest (read: 1200 calories) and a love of lifting would be great!

When you have a common philosophy regarding food and fitness the environment feels more supportive and less aggressive or judgmental. So, if you eat less than 1500 calories, maybe even 1700, odds are you'll probably butt heads with the people I hope to attract. In saying this i an intending to avoid a tense environment, which is inevitable when you have people who are downright opposed to low calorie diets (like myself) intermixed with people following that style of diet.

Thank you for reading and after a week or so (October 1st) I'll create a group that we can all post in because it's easier than a thread.

Note: typing on an iPhone so errors are highly probable. Lol

Replies

• foodaholic11
    foodaholic11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started lifting about 6 months ago and I love food! I typically eat 1,800 to 2,500 depending... and I am losing weight, a little slow but have not had to give anything up! And working out is now definately a lifestyle. I had tried every diet ever and was so miserable on them that I had to do this my way. This is something I can stick to now and I have been at it for a year now.

I eagerly await your group!

Oh and always looking for supportive friends on here so anyone can add me!
  • mustapekka
    Options
    I try to eat a minimum of 1800, and I'm planning to up that minimum to 2000 soon. I'm still losing but I have a long term fitness focus to my journey. I do weight lifting about 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week.

I'm always looking for supportive like-minded friends, so anyone that fits the bill can add me!

Great initiative btw! :)
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Foodaholic--you sound like my kind of woman! I should probably tell a bit about myself...

So, I'm 25 and newly married. My husband and i are both fitness junkies but before we were married i had some issues-- specifically hypothalamic amenorrhea and osteopenia as a result of my grueling exercise regimen and too little body fat. So, something had to give. And that something was an hour or so cut from my workouts, my mileage cut by 2/3rds and eating "normal" foods. Despite eating more than most people I always stayed fairly regimented about WHAT I would eat. Now I am a bit more lax in both food and fitness but my life is fuller as a result

I just want to like my reflection again--slow, steady fat loss. I'm not a slave to the scale not do I intend to be. I will weigh in once a month or so--that's it. That's a bit about me and my goals. I look forward to learning about everyone who joins!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Count me in please! :flowerforyou: I've been slowly and steadily working my way back to weight lifting after a back injury last year. I have to mention this to anyone who was afraid to lift after an injury, I feel fantastic after a bit of strengthening and conditioning! In fact, I feel better than I have felt in years! I had help from a PT and advice from my back Doctor but at this time last year, I couldn't have imagined that I would be lifting again! I'm working my way back up to bigger weights,doing a little cardio and I'm enjoying daily cals around 1700/ 1800 at this point!

Best wishes to all of you!
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Me please - my calories are a bit light at 1650 but that is to allow for my dodgy estimations. I am planning on adding an extra 100 or so a month and see how it goes - i only weigh myself once a month.
    I lift 2-4 times a week - at home and i run a couple of times a week and maybe a bit of something else i enjoy like a dvd, kettlebells or pilates.
    I am really enjoying seeing my body change and the muscles develop - I have hope for being fit and healthy for the rest of my life.
    I am looking for friends too :-)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! :tongue:

I lift 4-5x/week, cardio 4x/week, eat 2000 cals/day (sometimes a little more). Currently trying to decide if I am going to do a bulk/cut cycle after I recover from a ferocious bout of biceps tendonitis in my right arm. :frown:
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this group, and welcome any friend requests from women in this thread also!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Lifting 2-3x a week. Plus other workouts. I am still learning in the food front. Ty:)
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I've been lifting since May this year and am still playing around with my calorie intake. Haven't quite found what works for me yet. I probably eat around 1800 cals. I eat back all my exercise calories, but I would love to eat 2000+ calories a day and still lose! Hoping to maybe glean some insight from some more experienced women. Friends?
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group! I've been lifting heavy for nearly a month now and love my food. Feel free to add me ladies :)
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to join this group & am happy to accept FR's from like-minded women. I'm currently on 1700 cals a day but am slowly experimenting since I'm nearly at my goal weight. Once I hit it, I'll be concentrating on fat-loss, toning & maintaining. I've been doing a weights program for the last 8 weeks (2 x a week) am seeing amazing results already. I'm a bit of a weakling though but hope to get a lot stronger. I also do cardio (3 x a week) plus classes such as boxing & body attack weekly. ;)
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My calories aim for 1900, not quite there yet, but I'm getting there:) Started lifting 4 weeks ago (NROLFW) and also doing Insanity 3 times a week. Really enjoying lifting and not eating like a sparrow!!
  • ilovebooks80
    Options
    Count me in! I'm currently eating between 1700-2000 calories and lift 3-4 times a week. I'd love to get to know some more like minded ladies. Looking forward to being in the group!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I created a group and sent out invites. So head on over. I'll continue adding more but keep the group private so that we're able to maintain a very close group of women who can get to know one another.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would love to be invited too! I recently started eating more at the beginning of August haven't seen a real loss in weight but I am toning up and losing inches as well as my body fat dropped. The scale can BITE ME!
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi! Currently eating 2,100 calories and doing Cathe's Gym Style Series. I love ladies who EAT! :flowerforyou:
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Invite me! Invite me! I have been lifting heavy about a year and slowly increasing my calories. My goal is 1800-2000.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My calories aim for 1900, not quite there yet, but I'm getting there:) Started lifting 4 weeks ago (NROLFW) and also doing Insanity 3 times a week. Really enjoying lifting and not eating like a sparrow!!

how do you like nrolfw?
    i just started reading it and i'm excited to get it into.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be invited! I'm 1 workout away from finishing stage 1 of the NROLFW. I try to eat around 1900-2000 calories per day (some days above, some below). I also do HIIT workouts 2-3 times a week.