*GROUP*--calling women who lift & eat (TDEE-20% or more)

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Count me in please. Doing Stronglifts three times a week and eat about 2200 calories (but also do the 5:2 fasting so 2 times a week it looks low but I only do this because it works for me and IF doesn't). I also play campus rec soccer, enjoy yoga, and try a jog occasionally.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    I'd also like to join! Started lifting about 6 weeks ago and fell in love with a whole new lifestyle! Learnign to eat all over again and having a blast learning. I'm currently doing TDEE -20% but will up as I lift heavier and get stronger. :bigsmile:

Oh, currently:

2x week mountain running (6k to 10k)
    2x week capoeira
    3x week lifting
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    I would luv to join and get back to lifting and weight training. Any suggestions on programs to do at an in-home gym?
  • Would love to join, I do Powerlifting and eat around 1700-2000 a day. I would love some group with like-minded women, I always feel silly talking about a 2000cal diet with girls that eat 1200. ^-^
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Please add -- I've been reading/studying about eating more calories and not starving yourself (although I've never been a dieter, I just don't like being hungry!!)
  • camaxon
    camaxon Posts: 17 Member
    I wan in
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    I'd like to join! I am currently at 2000 calories approx TDEE - 20%. I do a crossfit style boot camp 4-5 times a week 30-45 min at a time and other general exercise (bike ride or walk with my son or abs/elliptical at lunch) 2-5 additional hours a week. I set my goal of doing 24 hours of exercise this month (1,440 min) and am almost there are 1,127.

Starting next week (when I return from a mini-vacation) I am going to lighten my exercise load a little and focus on accurately tracking as I haven't seemed to have lost any weight this month. I also plan on taking pictures & measurements as I know the scale isn't the most important thing. (I have previous pics taken but haven't done my measurements in a long time since my clothes haven't fit any differently so I figured they haven't changed much if at all).
  • I would love to join this group! I eat 1900-2100 cals a day (TDEE-20%) and I am about to begin SL 5x5 in two weeks. I am about to finish up my second round of Insanity this week. Looking forward to transitioning my focus to lifting.
  • gethealthy1lka
    gethealthy1lka Posts: 5 Member
    Count me in as well! I did some compound lifting last spring, and this summer I read NROLFW and Starting Strength. I'm planning to jump in to one of them seriously as soon as outdoor cycling season comes to an end which will be in about a month. I'm currently doing JM 30DS on the days I don't ride. I've been maintaining my weight but want to build muscle and decrease my body fat percentage. I'm doing TDEE -15% and average 1900 calories/day. I would love to hear from other women who enjoy eating and lifting :-)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    I'm trying to bulk now. I say trying, because I am netting around 2200, it looked like I was gaining for a bit, but then I lost that and more. I am doing Stronglifts 3x5 and martial arts (Krav maga) . I am always interested in gaining more friends with similar goals! Friend requests welcome!

Please note that I am in Vegas and I'm sick as a dog so my diary since Friday is empty.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Add me too! I'm in 3rd stage NROLFW and eat 1750-2000 cal/day.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Yes! I'd love to be a part of this group. I usually eat 2000+ calories a day, except for the occasional "light" day, around 1700, when I have a very light exercise day. I am just beginning to get more serious about lifting, and would love to hear what other women are doing to accomplish their muscle building/fat loss goals! Anyone is welcome to add me, for more support!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Count me in! I LOVE to eat and I LOVE to lift! In fact, I lift so I can eat all teh foodz! No steamed blandness for this gal!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I'd love an invite please! Just started SL5X5 after a few stages of NROLFW. I don't quite eat 2000 calories but I'm pretty sedentary other than the few days of lifting and the odd HIIT afterwards. Workin on it :)
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Count me in! I love to eat. Eating is on the top of my favorites list. Right now I am teetering between 1700 and 1800 net cals. Wanna get heavier weights, but I'm waiting to save money. They get expensive!!! Once I get a set of heavier weights, I'll be lifting all the time! Loved it when I was at the YMCA. No mas membership for me though. Basement gym FTW!

I love working out and wish I could do it more, but right now it is usually cardio+strength or circuit training 5 days/week.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    I want in! Currently doing a "loose" version of Jamie Eason's LiveFit (lifting 4-5 days instead of 6, following a different meal plan). Calorie goal currently set at 1892 - based on 11xbw.

5'10", currently around 170#, goal of 135#.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Me too, please! Can I get an invite? I'm much nicer to my group of friends than I let on in the public forums (don't tell anybody!). :tongue:

I do yoga and cardio once a week each, lift weights twice a week, and lift Atlas stones on the weekends. My average over the last 85 days is 1935 calories. Om nom nom!!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    I want in too. I got into lifting about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. Food is great too so I eat around between 1800 and 2000 most days.
  • COUNT ME IN, SOUNDS GOOD:smile:
  • betsyaolson
    betsyaolson Posts: 4 Member
    interested in joining, can I?