What counts as water?

124»

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    ^ I see... Gosh! You're really good at this. Could I ask you for a little more help figuring out how to log something?

See, I hate doing dishes, so I'm thinking of going to this method of cereal-input
    f0b.gif

I prefer not to deviate from the method they use (aka: directly out of each container), so I'm thinking I could weigh the containers before and after to get the "difference." Thoughts?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I don't count water.

problem solved.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    I only count water as water.

The way I look at it, the rest have additives that make my body process it differently than just water.

I guess I should never have food along with my water either, because that would be an additive that makes my body process water like it wasn't water.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    if its liquid and has no calories and no caffeine, I log it as water
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I only drink plain water now, but when I drank flavor enhancers, I counted those, too. I guess if I still drank tea, I would count that since it was only sweetened w Splenda. I would count anything that's 99% water and 0 calories/carbs as water.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I only count water as water.

The way I look at it, the rest have additives that make my body process it differently than just water.

I guess I should never have food along with my water either, because that would be an additive that makes my body process water like it wasn't water.
    15152278.jpg
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yeah you see this kind of post every week same title even lol i log only walter but whatever works

Is Walter OK about being logged :tongue:
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    I only count my pure h2o :) everyting else is just extra!!
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    A healthy person's urine is 95% water. So if I drink 20oz I just log it as 18.

It should be 19
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    So if I drink a glass of water, and then eat a crystal light packet or a scoop of protein powder or a bullion cube or a caffeine pill or a tea bag...

Did I or did I not drink a glass of water?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    I log my decaf tea in the morning towards my fluid intake.

Most food contains water especially veggies n fruits but I don`t count them. Just the fluids that I drink from a cup or glass.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    So if I drink a glass of water, and then eat a crystal light packet or a scoop of protein powder or a bullion cube or a caffeine pill or a tea bag...

Did I or did I not drink a glass of water?
    Please don't eat tea bags. :wink:

• Also, sodium and minerals and all that other stuff in water lets it still be water, but adding coffe, tea or any kind of flavoring causes it to cease being water and cease hydrating your body.

Science.

No, not science. Sounds more like homeopathy to me.
  • I count everything that I drink that is not soda.

Herbal Teas, Coffee, and good ol' water. If I used crystal light, i'd log that as water too

Granted, I usually drink anywhere from 100-120 oz of water a day, but in all honesty -- I think it is just personal preference.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Water counts as water. Tea, flavored water, soda, juice, etc. They are all mostly water. Adding something to the water doesn't make it less water, anymore than eating something while drinking the water makes it less water.

Hmmm. Buttered popcorn is mostly popcorn. Does that mean the butter doesn't count?

Nothing but water hydrates and cleanses like water. Everything else adds something to the body that requires more water to cleanse.

That wasn't the point. Buttered popcorn doesn't cease being popcorn or magically become less popcorn.

Drink an 8oz diet coke, get 7.5 oz of water, and 0.5 oz of flavoring & caffeine. <-- random estimate

The presence of flavoring and caffeine doesn't negate the water. If it did, I'd be a shriveled-up mummy, since I drink almost exclusively tea and diet soda. I almost never drink plain water.

And BTW - the reason I almost never drink plain water is because I find the aftertaste of the minerals and various particulates in most water disgusting - I need to cover it with some kind of flavor. So, do you count it as water if it's from the tap? Because by your logic, you shouldn't. You shouldn't be counting most bottled or filtered water, either. Double deionized water would be close.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    I only count plain water as water.