Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

*takes notes*

Slave...
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.

I have come to learn that the people in life who cause the most drama tend to be those who walk around complaining about how much drama there is in their life and how badly they want it all to go away. Surprisingly, it never does. And they can never figure out why.

But you know, where ever you go... there you are.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thinking that only 2% of women are/can be naturally pretty is an incredibly sad, negative, and insecure way to look at life.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    A high maintenance woman will constantly put her man in a position where he must make otherwise unnecessary sacrifices--whether of his money, time, effort, or of his mental/emotional well being--because unlike a normal woman, who can understand and process many different forms of love and affection, she is only capable of understanding sacrifice.

:huh: you've got to be kidding right?
    I pay for my own hair, nails, cosmetics, clothes, shoes, procedures, etc. I make more money than my SO. I require nothing from him other than friendship and love. Time, effort and sacrifice for the good of the family is something we BOTH put in and is to be expected for any relationship.

You got all that from his response?

[img]http://files.myopera.com/fidemmy/albums/248746/my friend.jpg[/img]
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I mean, really? Whether it's the monetary cost or time savings, do you really think you'd be happier with a low maintenance woman? All I hear is complaining about how much a haircut/color costs or how much time it takes to straighten hair, put on makeup, etc. I'm just wondering. Only about 2% of us can get away with being naturally pretty. We all need a little help.

Thoughts?

For many of us it's not about the hair, the make up or the nails per se, it's more about being obsessive about these things . It's about the drama that can accompany these things. Gotta be careful not to muss up the hair. Better notice the very slight change in hair color ar that she had 1/4 inch trimmed off. Can't do this or that because she might break a nail. Look at me! Aren't I pretty?When it becomes expected that we are now going to assume the financial responsibility, that's when the financial aspect comes in. She managed to do it for herself before we were there.

Personaly, when it comes to high maintenance, I think more of the emotional need to be the constant center of attention. That is an attitude that often, but not always, accompanies the obsession. It's emotionally draining and hard work to involved with a woman who is that emotionally needy. That's what "High Maintenance" is.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are the women in GQ and Maxim low maintenance? NO What matters most is doing what makes YOU feel good. I like looking and feeling like a girl.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I say again: sounds to me drama is the issue not makeup!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but based on my experience with my fiance I say they THINK they want one but they really don't understand what that means. My fiance wishes I wouldn't take so long to get ready, but better believe he loves how I look when I'm ready. He notices and comments when I'm past due for a pedicure, but complains when I go to get a pedicure that he wishes I would just stay home with him. He loves when my hair is freshly done, but again complains that I have to go get it done. And don't even get me started on botox and cosmetics.
    He points out other women (I know, it sounds horrible) that are wearing over sized Tees and hair just thrown up and says "I can't believe she's going out to dinner dressed like that!" and I remind him THAT is what natural usually looks like. Men think we should just wake up completely beautiful, but the reality is it takes time to do our hair, put on a little make up and a nice outfit. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Edit to add that I love fishing, video games and most outdoor activities and NO I don't require hair and make up to do those things. There is a time and place for every face. :wink:
    Sometimes the things I read on this board make me think I don't appreciate the man in my life nearly enough.

I'm pretty sure he's never noticed more than the color of the polish on my toes and he's attracted to me whether I'm sitting home in a T-shirt and running shorts after work or in a dress and makeup to go out.

I don't leave my house in an oversized T-shirt with my hair just "thrown up," but throwing in a sundress is easy and comfortable and any man who doesn't love a simple sundress is probably not straight.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.
    Really? Anger and bitterness?

You're cute.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thinking that only 2% of women are/can be naturally pretty is an incredibly sad, negative, and insecure way to look at life.

^ 100% this
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Do you mean low maintenance regarding how we look or low maintenance based on the things we want (e.g. nice cars, nice home)? :happy:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I don't.
    My mantra is:
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but based on my experience with my fiance I say they THINK they want one but they really don't understand what that means. My fiance wishes I wouldn't take so long to get ready, but better believe he loves how I look when I'm ready. He notices and comments when I'm past due for a pedicure, but complains when I go to get a pedicure that he wishes I would just stay home with him. He loves when my hair is freshly done, but again complains that I have to go get it done. And don't even get me started on botox and cosmetics.
    He points out other women (I know, it sounds horrible) that are wearing over sized Tees and hair just thrown up and says "I can't believe she's going out to dinner dressed like that!" and I remind him THAT is what natural usually looks like. Men think we should just wake up completely beautiful, but the reality is it takes time to do our hair, put on a little make up and a nice outfit. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Edit to add that I love fishing, video games and most outdoor activities and NO I don't require hair and make up to do those things. There is a time and place for every face. :wink:
    Sometimes the things I read on this board make me think I don't appreciate the man in my life nearly enough.

I'm pretty sure he's never noticed more than the color of the polish on my toes and he's attracted to me whether I'm sitting home in a T-shirt and running shorts after work or in a dress and makeup to go out.

I don't leave my house in an oversized T-shirt with my hair just "thrown up," but throwing in a sundress is easy and comfortable and any man who doesn't love a simple sundress is probably not straight.

I put extra effort which amounts to maybe 20 minutes of primping and I'm glad my SO notices. I'm glad he compliments me on my outfits and tells me how sexy he thinks I look. Not to say when I go out with no make up and yoga pants he doesn't find me sexy, but there is a time and place for everything and dressing down ALL the time would be very boring to me.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The OP thinks we're angry and bitter. I was just thinking about it and I will explain why it comes across that way:

People (male or female) who take a million years putting on makeup, doing hair, trying to choose an outfit when the million he or she tried on before were perfectly fine are selfish and passive-aggressive. They tend toward chronically late and seem to get enjoyment out of making people wait for them. The attitude is "My time is more valuable than yours."

I have distanced myself from friends who do that. I mentioned my best friend earlier in the thread. I have known her quite literally nearly our entire lives (she was 3 months old when our mothers became friends). I love her dearly and would kill or die for her. But I stopped spending significant amounts of time with her because of the above. She isn't the only person I know who's like that. She's the only one I'll put up with it even a little bit from and that's only because of how long we've known each other and what we've been through together.

It's obnoxious and rude behavior. No one likes that.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I have been in numerous situations with women in the past where they did something VERY minor to change their appearance, such as highlighting their hair, or having it professionally colored a slightly different shade of the same color it already was. I didn't notice. And I got hell for it. No more of that for me. Any woman who thinks that is a valid reason to bite my head off is crazy =P
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Almost entirely certain Quote 1's man plays for Elton John's team.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have been in numerous situations with women in the past where they did something VERY minor to change their appearance, such as highlighting their hair, or having it professionally colored a slightly different shade of the same color it already was. I didn't notice. And I got hell for it. No more of that for me. Any woman who thinks that is a valid reason to bite my head off is crazy =P
    LMAO

I chopped 12 inches off my hair last summer. He didn't say a word.

I'm sure he noticed -- how could he not? -- but he didn't say anything until I asked if he liked it. I would never bite anyone's head off for not noticing a change in my appearance, though.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Men may say they want a low maintenance woman, but if many people like myself were truly low-maintenance, they'd be singing a different tune.

Between having PCOS, high testosterone levels and all of the side effects of that: cystic acne that is no longer an issue but has left scarring all over my face, excessive hair growth that makes me have to shave not only me legs and armpits, but also my belly, chest and neck. If I didn't wear enough makeup to smooth out my complexion, you would think I was in some kind of chemical spill.

To regulate my condition and my hormones I have to eat right, constantly struggle to lose weight, take medication. It takes a lot of effort for me to just feel normal and feminine and be happy with myself, let alone look attractive or presentable to others.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me snicker. It's a contest to see what woman can claim to be more like a dude.

I can claim not to wear makeup, but I do. Powder, lip gloss...these are makeup. I can claim to be simple, but I have 30 pairs of shoes and way too many clothes. I have plenty of stuff to do in order to make it look like I'm "naturally" attractive...like having hairless legs and soft skin without callouses on my feet. This stuff doesn't just happen, unless you're 22. *shrug*

I am who I am, and I don't need to prove to anyone how low or high maintenance I am. It doesn't make me a better or worse person because I wore lipstick on my dates with my husband or I didn't.

I get the whole manipulation by outfit/makeup...but that's not the same issue. My mom used to spend hours in the the bathroom to look the way she wanted, but she never made anyone wait for her ever. She just got up early. She is not high maintenance, she just liked to do what she liked to do. Don't confuse makeup for being an *kitten*.