How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options
begreenbe
begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
I know to use it instead of sour cream and I like it topped with granola, but how eles do you use it?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Dip - add dry ranch seasoning

Mix with salsa & taco seasoning (nice on taco salad).

Powdered peanut butter & Grapenuts cereal

Fruit, all-fruit jam
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Honey
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I... just eat it plain. That might be gross to a lot of people, but it tastes good to me.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    splenda and fruit :strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I mix one cup of yogurt with 2 tbsp. of maple syrup, a packet (or 2) of truvia, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. I'll sometimes add fruit for extra flavor too. So good... it's part of my breakfast almost every morning.
  • shireprier
    Options
    A few drops Sweet Leaf English toffee stevia or Valentia Orange stevia....and a few tbsp's of unsweetened cocoa powder! Like chocolate mousse!
  • michaelmadonna
    michaelmadonna Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tag for ideas.
  • cpivik
    cpivik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just add some splenda packets.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I only eat plain non fat greek yogurt one way...and that's in my natural protein shake.

1 Cup of Vanilla Light Skim Milk
    .5 Cup of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
    .5 Cup of frozen blue berries.
    1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
    1 Teaspoon of Stevia
    .5 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
    Handful of frozen baby spinach
    Few Ice Cubes and blend

173 Cals
    21g Carbs
    2g Fat
    19g Protein

There are a lot of ways you can flip that or change it up..add half banana...or crystal farms egg whites for more protein.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    When seasonal, I add fresh fruit and honey. If winter I add fruit preserves (no sugar added) and honey. I intend to try some of the other methods folks here are posting but to date I have not.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like it just fine plain, but mmm some of you have great ideas, especially the pumpkin pie spice which gives me the idea to mix a little pumpkin pie filling in with it - yum!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It makes a great base for creamy salad dressings. I mix it with some balsamic vinegar, or mustard. It's great as a sandwich condiment, especially mixed with sri racha hot sauce.

As a snack, I like to mix in heated up frozen fruit. The freezing/thawing process releases syrupy sweet fruit juice which mixes well with the yogurt. Also yummy, mix in your granola ahead of time and put it back in the fridge. The granolal gets mushy and it's really good.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I put some fresh strawberries, frozen blueberries, and frozen mango in a container and letting them thaw together for a few hours in the fridge (I've been packing this for work). Then I stir in some yogurt (I actually use vanilla nonfat, but you could use plain and just add a little vanilla extract and sugar) and top with some granola and chia seeds. My favorite granola right now is Cascade Farms berry cobbler granola.
  • watercolorarteest
    Options
    Bump...
  • FlaviaRBatista
    Options
    I like it mixed with pineapple and a low calories sweetener! :wink:
  • Eliminatelazy1211
    Options
    i put in a ranch packet. right in the salad dressing aisle are packets to makes dips and i use the ranch and it tastes pretty good. i havnt used actual ranch dressing in months.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Reese's Puffs
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    2 splendas and stir!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas. I usually get the fruit on the bottom / sweetened kind, but want to cut some sugar.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER.