How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I mix it with chocolate protein powder & peanut butter (or PB2). I also mix with vanilla protein powder & blueberries.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    throw it out and buy vanilla

eat with fresh fruit. berries, pineapple, grapes . . .
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Add some honey and fruit
  • lindsayk324
    lindsayk324 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    EXTRA BRO-TEIN FLAVOR

But seriously, I mix my daily greek yogurt with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream whey.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well tonight, I stewed some plums my sister in law gave me - and let them cool down and served them on a couple of spoons of yoghurt. It was yummy!

I also like it with a banana chopped and stirred in

Also, I make a musroom stroganoff with it - mushrooms, onions, loads of garlic and paprika, and stock then at the end stir in the yoghurt.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I heard if you eat a lot of pineapple beforehand it makes it taste better.
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love it plain:) But I also eat it with fruit. While the hubby is having icecream I eat this with fruit and it's so satisfying with fruit. I also make a dressing with it.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I go for the full fat option myself and like it plain or with seeds, but you could try the Greek way, dark rich honey and chopped walnuts
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with it.

Eat it with one teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.

Yum
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I... just eat it plain. That might be gross to a lot of people, but it tastes good to me.

Me too, I love it plain.

btw~ a friend like to sprinkle with freshly chopped almonds & then ever so lightly drizzle with local honey.
  • lupinibean
    Options
    Make tzatziki, yum
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,655 Member
    Options
    A little sprinkle of sugar and instant coffee.
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    add reuced sugar jam....Iike it plain. I use it anywhere I would use sour cream, like chili with chopped scallions....
  • feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mush some raspberries or mango through it. pureed banana is good too :)
  • cmcoyle776
    cmcoyle776 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mix in honey or real maple syrup, a little pure vanilla & fresh berries or whatever fruit you like, or even a little bit of fruit preserves/jam. Use it to make homemade dips. Add it to chicken salad instead of mayo. Puree it with fruit & a little honey & freeze it for a yummy dessert. I also blend it into my daily protein smoothies.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    1 cup yogurt + 1 packet sweetener + 1/2 packet Duncan Hines frosting flavor creations = YUM :)

I love those little flavor packets, my favorites so far: Raspberry-White chocolate, Strawberry Shortcake and Chocolate-Almond.
    Not so great: Fruit punch and Key lime pie.
  • tallmansix
    Options
    EXTRA BRO-TEIN FLAVOR

But seriously, I mix my daily greek yogurt with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream whey.

^^This

I add my Chocolate flavour Whey and mix for an ultra thick chocolatey dessert, yum.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I add raspberries, blackberries and Special K multigrain cereal (1/4 serving) on top...........Yum. Or crushed almonds on top.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1 cup yogurt + 1 packet sweetener + 1/2 packet Duncan Hines frosting flavor creations = YUM :)

I love those little flavor packets, my favorites so far: Raspberry-White chocolate, Strawberry Shortcake and Chocolate-Almond.

Really - never would have thought of flavor packs. What are the cals in those?
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Really - never would have thought of flavor packs. What are the cals in those?

The whole packet has only 10 calories.