What's your take on Bacon?

Options
I just discovered that I like bacon, although I avoided it most of my life lol!

So I love my caesar salads packed with bacon. Bacon is relatively low in calories, by that I mean, I can add enough bacon to keep me full to salad and still remain under 280 calories.

The question is, abs are made in the kitchen, right? So is bacon bad for you in that sense? Is it one of those foods that you're not supposed to eat on a healthy diet?

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Bacon is pretty much the greatest thing in the universe.

Bacon calories are no worse for belly fat than any other calories.

So enjoy.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Love bacon!!! Ate 2 bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches for breakfast Sunday.... Nom Nom Nom Bacon makes everything better. ....
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!

You do know that Bacon is made from pork... Not beef
  • jonnythan
    Options

:laugh:

And on top of that, how could someone eat turkey but not be able to eat beef? Who "can't" eat beef?
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    There are no rational explanation for why someone should not eat bacon.

keep-calm-and-eat-more-bacon-12.png
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options

And on top of that, how could someone eat turkey but not be able to eat beef? Who "can't" eat beef?

They do make beef bacon... It's weird and nothing like the amazingness that is pork... but it does exist!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT ... Though, I opt for the nitrate free stuff ... There are few things more delicious than pork fat ... Sadly, todays pork is a bit TOO lean for my liking ...
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    yum, yum and yum.
  • DaveS_63
    Options
    YES PLEASE! My take on bacon is- I'll take as much as I can. Bacon good!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Hindus
  • jonnythan
    Options

Hindus

Fair point, but she looks remarkably non-Hindu.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My take: bacon. Everyday. Sometimes twice a day.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Hindus

Fair point, but she looks remarkably non-Hindu.

I know nothing about the poster who said she can't eat beef. I was just answering your question. :)
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    My take: bacon. Everyday. Sometimes twice a day.

You win the internet.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is delicious. There is no other take on it.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    God made bacon for us to be happy.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    945153_580101355383446_1623063395_n.jpg