Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like bacon. With lots of cheese. On a pizza
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The only thing better than bacon is bacon dipped in chocolate.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    bacon is excellent. period.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Life without bacon is not worth living.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    As pointed out above, bacon calories are no different that others. Just avoid sodium nitrite as best you can.

Be well, be safe!

You do know there is more nitrate in broccoli and other greens then there is pound for pound in bacon...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that I like bacon, although I avoided it most of my life lol!

I love bacon. It's some of the tastiest stuff on earth.

But I need carbs and protein for my activity level, and that just isn't compatible with bacon's macros, except in small occasional doses.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My take is bacon is made of pork and that is it. There is no such thing as turkey or beef bacon. I am not sure what you bought but you need to take it back and get the real stuff because you have been bamboozled.

If I could eat bacon everyday I would. I just need variety,

This is truth.

Fake-con is not bacon (for the reacord fake-con = turkey bacon)

I don't agree with the last part- only because I do eat bacon every dya- bacon wrapped asparagus- bacon wtih my eggs- bacon by itself.

All my veggies are sauteed in bacon. DEAR GOD. HOW DO YOU EAT VEGGIES WITHOUT BACON GREASE!!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    When it's a tough day at work my boss cooks off a huge tray of bacon for us to eat. And that is why my job is awesome.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My favourite "lazy Sunday" breakfast is bacon, eggs and oatmeal. First I fry the bacon in the pan until it's crisp, then fry the eggs in the bacon fat. It's super-unhealthy ... but YUMM!
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When it's a tough day at work my boss cooks off a huge tray of bacon for us to eat. And that is why my job is awesome.

OMG, get me a job? lol
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Love the smell. Hate what it is. Never touch it.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bacon is pretty much the greatest thing in the universe.

Bacon calories are no worse for belly fat than any other calories.

So enjoy.

^This!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Bacon is really bad for you, it turns into instant fat over your abs. Send all your bacon to me and I will dispose of it for you.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Cuts of meat that are high in fat are often high in unhealthy saturated fat and cholesterol that can clog arteries with plaque. Bacon, sausage, high-fat steak cuts are big offenders.

That said, eating a few pieces of bacon here and there are not likely to cause you any harm. They are relatively low calorie and I agree, absolutely delicious! Like everything, just eat in moderation :o)

Yeah... you might want to research that some more. More and more studies (real studies and not just scientific guesses) are coming out showing that because we are animals, we can actually *SHOCK* eat and break down other animal fats! As a matter-of-fact, our brain needs good fats to function properly. It's starting to become known that eating animal fats or saturated fats being bad for us is a myth. BRING ON THE BACON!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!

Bacon is a pork product!!! And everything's better with bacon.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Cuts of meat that are high in fat are often high in unhealthy saturated fat and cholesterol that can clog arteries with plaque. Bacon, sausage, high-fat steak cuts are big offenders.
    according to what?
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    The only thing better than bacon is bacon dipped in chocolate.

And Ice Cream!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-chipman/bacon-weave-choco-taco_b_3573776.html
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!

You do know that Bacon is made from pork... Not beef

:laugh:

And on top of that, how could someone eat turkey but not be able to eat beef? Who "can't" eat beef?

Hindus

Fair point, but she looks remarkably non-Hindu.

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe someone said this. People who suffer from gout have to stay away from beef unless it's a certain type.

That said, I have never heard of beef bacon. I usually eat Oscar Mayer reduced sodium turkey bacon. 2 pieces of bacon, 2 egg whites, and sandwich thin...yummy!

*edited for typo
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    my take on bacon ?

every chance I can.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    low sodium turkey bacon for me good stuff