How do you distract yourself on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have used a treadmill in the past and I do understand that sometimes you have to use the treadmill instead of going outside. However, I find running outside so much more doable for me! The treadmill feels like "work" and running outside is fun.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Music if I am at my gym, I have my eliptical set infront of tv at home :D
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Cardio Cinema today at my gym (I go to Gold's Gym). It was awesome! Got a good exercise and the movie was distracting enough.
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Music and my imagination
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    i go outside.

Me too.

Me three.

The last time I ran on the treadmill was 11/13/2012, almost a year ago.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    i go outside.

Me too.

Me three.

The last time I ran on the treadmill was 11/13/2012, almost a year ago.

Me four.

I've got a hill with my name on it.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. While I listen to music like most people here, I pretend I'm in an action scene when I run :huh:
    Like I'm in a building and a bomb is about to go off, and I have to run as fast as I can to escape.
    I get an adrenaline rush from my childish imagination and I'm able to pull through to the end.
    I'm fully aware I need to grow up. :bigsmile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i go outside.

Yeah...I really can't do the treadmill unless I'm absolutely forced indoors...it has to be pretty nasty outside to force me indoors. Even then, I'm more likely to run the stair well in my office building or something.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    treadmill is so boring : (

A few that have not been mentioned ...........

Audio Books

Play the Wii Walk it Out game .... I don't do this but have heard of people who do

Use a Treadmill workout DVD .... Tracie Staehle Walking Strong: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=walking+strong+video+clip&FORM=VIRE6#view=detail&mid=E2CB7F46B81DA72F7B42E2CB7F46B81DA72F7B42
  • Krista916
    Options
    i go outside.

Me too.

I also skip the treadmill and run outside.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Strap on the HRM and discover what words/thoughts make your heart rate drop/increase. Usually thinking about stressful things at work makes it increase and so far I've noticed thinking about /visualizing the Caribbean Sea makes it drop like a rock! ;)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. While I listen to music like most people here, I pretend I'm in an action scene when I run :huh:
    Like I'm in a building and a bomb is about to go off, and I have to run as fast as I can to escape.
    I get an adrenaline rush from my childish imagination and I'm able to pull through to the end.

Don't be silly....none of us need to grow up!!!
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I listen to music and read a book at the same time.
  • kjg1965297
    Options
    I use music I have set up to set my pace. I will have maybe 3 fast paced songs and then maybe one a little slower but you can set up your playlist to whatever. Comedy is great eventhough you can get weird looks. Who cares! Music is my way of getting lost
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    music doesn't do it for me. we have tons of dvd's that are only allowed to be watched on the treadmill. that way, if you want to keep up with your show, you've gotta workout.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    'tis the season to watch NFL! GO SAINTS! but really, I watch any game that's on, gets me through my work out faster.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Netflix on my Kindle. I watched the entire Lost series and now I've moved on to Nip/Tuck. Actually makes me look forward to dreadmill time!
  • randywv
    Options
    I usually listen to audiobooks!
  • ItsJenney
    Options

This is what my daughter does. My husband sees her outside sprinting back and forth and he says its her ADD coping mechanism...except I know what she's really doing. She's 15 and she listens to her ipod and makes up fantasy scenes that she takes part in. That's why sometimes she walks and will bust out in a sprint. Too funny.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I watch tv. Have a treadmill in my lounge so it's handy :) I just plug in my hard drive and watch whatever I'm in the mood for.