How do you distract yourself on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    stick a pixar/ dreamworks movie on my phone, slow jog and watch it all the way through.

brave burns about 800 calories, the incredibles around 900 etc - usually takes about an hour and a half
  • teesfood
    Options
    Planet Fitness has like 20 tvs so I just park it in front of what I want to watch and go in! I also have my music playing on my MP3
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do 80 minutes on my treadmill 3 times a week. I love watching DVD's. Most of them end up lasting close to that amount of time. It certainly makes the time fly by. :happy:
  • NetmanNH
    Options
    I watch my latest shows on AppleTV ..
  • cchiar
    cchiar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I put Netflix on my iPad. I try to pick a TV series - that way the portion I see during my workout is long enough to keep me interested but every other day or so I finish an episode so I feel like I'm accomplishing something! I just finished Sherlock and right now I'm going through Supernatural.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I hate the treadmill for this exactly reason.

Has anyone said checking out the women? That.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I watch the hotties do their deadlifts? :blushing:

But seriously, I just do 15 minutes once in a while and music / TV does the trick
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I watch the hotties do their deadlifts? :blushing:

But seriously, I just do 15 minutes once in a while and music / TV does the trick

I'm not gonna lie me too :bigsmile: I guess I'm a creeper! Lol! If I'm walking sometimes I can read my kindle but usually just music or watch TV!
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been planning to throw some shows on my phone to watch, since the TV in the fitness room in my building is suuuuper quiet.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I despise the treadmill and the elliptical. I much prefer to run outside and for me, it is possible. That does mean I run in the rain, cold weather, and sometimes freezing rain and snow and I run before daylight a lot. If I'm not running, I much prefer classes like Zumba, Kickboxing, Kettlebells, and Strength Training.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh the dreadmill....i'd be at home sooooo, loud dance music, dance music videos, Seinfeld dvds...or any comedy i have. I'll also watch any new workout videos i buy, just to get an idea of what's involved....plus the music is usually upbeat and fast.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    run backwards for a while off and on :)

edit.. and also watch the weight floor to pick up lifts for myself.
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A good workout playlist.

THIS. Nothing else matters cause I'm dancing and strutting and working out my arms at the same time with my "moves"
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I watch movies or read
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I chase the girls on the machines in front of me. I never catch them. /sad/
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Big Bang Theory. 3 episodes=1 hour= awesome.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    play with myself
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Find a treadmill that's behing a hot/cute girl and bam. That does it. Plus, gives me that extra push, lol.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    At the gym they have little TVs on each treadmill. They only get 5 crappy stations though, so I usually bring my Ipod.