you ever eat out for breakfast by yourself?

Options
kinda wanted to go to IHOP this morning but chickened out
do you ever go out for a big breakfast by yourself?
where do you go?

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    kinda wanted to go to IHOP this morning but chickened out
    do you ever go out for a big breakfast by yourself?
    where do you go?

Yes.

I was in my mid 20s before I realized how many people have a problem eating out alone. I never knew how common that was before another guy told me, "Man you got GUTS!!" when I mentioned eating out the day before alone.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sure i didnt know this was a problem once until i read it in some woman's magazine about being brave and eating out alone.
  • TinyTeTe
    TinyTeTe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All the time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I even go to movies alone.

No issue here. I could phone a friend, and not look lonely, but I'm comfortable being alone. I like myself and enjoy my company :-)
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    i think for breakfast it seems easier to do
    everyone is starting their day
    it gets awkward at lunch and dinner
    lunch you should probably be eating with coworkers or invite a friend
    dinner is with family and friends
    7am breakfast alone seems more chill
    no one is going to think "duuuude what a loner!"
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I have not but I would have no issue doing that. I've eaten dinner by myself when I was traveling for the company I worked for.

Just bring a book or a magazine and read while you eat. I see people eating alone all the time and think it's awesome.
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    All the time. This takes courage? Really?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Sure! Rarely, but it's happened. Denny's and Panera.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I only really go out for breakfast when I'm on a business trip. But then I'm always on my own for that. I take my iPad or a book--I like quite mornings, so it's kind of nice way to start! :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy dining out alone sometimes--breakfast, lunch or dinner. I especially enjoy the feeling of, when I'm taking a long motorcycle road trip, of pulling over into some diner, eating slowly and enjoying my meal, maybe reading the paper, flirting a little with the waitress, sipping a coffee and then finally paying, leaving a nice tip, and hopping back on the hog. Good times. :smile:
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have no problem here! I read a book on my phone and enjoy my own company.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I never have and hate that I don't. I consider myself confident but this bothers me. LOL I think doing breakfast would be easier than dinner because as someone else posted you can read. I will do it, if you will!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yes! I sneak off on Saturday mornings to Perkins by myself...my bf still asleep in bed! No shame.

I want to be up. I want Perkins.

Nobody else wants to be up. Everybody wants to argue about where we go.

Problem solved- I eat alone!

I also sneak to my favorite restaurant for lunch on Sundays sometimes by myself.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    No. I only eat out socially. It's not worth the money to me most of the time.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I only usually eat out with another person.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    And only just now am I discovering this is an act of bravery. I eat meals out quite regularly on my own, I am happy with my own company, be it food, shopping, travelling. Dates with friends are nice too, but I won't 'not' go out just because I've not made plans with someone. The world is a lot less concerned with us as individuals than we ourselves imagine.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not often. Mostly because I dont eat out often and when I do its usually someone else's idea.

Take something to keep you busy. It feels lame when you just sit there for 20 minutes waiting for your food. I read a book, or bring some work, or even just a notepad to organize my day or my life plans. Its also a good chance to actually make it through an entire newspaper!

If there is a bar style seating sit there. It feels less weird to be alone when you are in a bar stool. Isolated at a tiny table is like highlighting that you are alone. Breakfast is not so strange for people to eat alone because of business travel, not everyone travels with coworkers and its too early for meetings over meals for many.

In the end, its all in your head. No one else is thinking anything of it. Being comfortable is choice. Nothing wrong with being alone to eat. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that this required some kind of courage or bravery. You're sitting there eating, what's the big deal? Believe me, people are far too self absorbed to be looking at you and wondering why you're eating by yourself..
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    YES. :happy:
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I can't quite reach but I'm working on my flexibility and expect to be able to soon.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Going to brunch and going to movies are two things I prefer to do alone. More so in the summer, but I like to eat brunch out on patios and people watch. I usually go earlier than the "brunch" time. So, it's too early to hold deep conversations. I like to use that time to think about the day, the weekend, the week...maybe an adventure I have planned. It's a time to decompress.