you ever eat out for breakfast by yourself?

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I like to slide in at random people's tables or booths as a surprise visit to them.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I often have breakfasts alone on Sundays. There's a cute cafe next to my place, they make this perfect breakfast for me. I bring my magazines and stay there for hours relaxing in big comfy sofa.
    That's my Sunday relax.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    twice a week......whats there to be afraid of?
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Fairly often as I travel for work. It's kind of nice not having to remind anyone of their manners etc... :laugh:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'll eat out alone and I'll go to movies alone. I like to relax and read a book if I'm eating alone and if I am watching a movie, I see what I want, I sit where I want and no one steals my popcorn. :bigsmile: I don't normally go to the bar alone though....that's when it starts becoming the "stay away from the creepy guy at the end of the bar" kind of thing....
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that this was an issue for people. I was a latchkey kid from age 6 and my 3 siblings left the nest before I was walking (17 years between and youngest of them), so I'm used to eating alone. However, I can eat with another person or a group of people with equal comfort. On my last job I ate lunch out regularly with 2 or more people, but on current job I eat alone at my cube.

Now that I think of it, I've never ever been to a movie theater by myself, but I could if I wanted to. Might have to do that once just to get it out of the way.

To answer the question, I rarely eat breakfast out cuz I'm not really a breakfast person. However, on those rare occassion I usually go to a buffet place so I can nibble on a variety of stuff. Shoneys and Golden Corral come to mind.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Reading these replies I'm pretty shocked to see so many people feel lame and losers for eating out alone. Why? It's just food. You can't be ashamed of eating in public alone.

That has something to do with the being popular at high school and eating with friends, and not popular kids eating alone?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

That has something to do with the being popular at high school and eating with friends, and not popular kids eating alone?

I've never had a problem eating alone myself, but I suspect that you're onto something.

I think that eating is seen as a social activity (for a lot of people) so doing it alone is associated with some form of rejection of judgment.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I recently went to Denny's by my self one Saturday morning for breakfast. One of the best most quiet breakfasts I have had in a long time.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes. I didn't realise it was a big deal until a friend told me how 'brave' I was :laugh:
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't see breakfast & lunch as a big deal, since most people are working and go out to eat. Dinner would be more with family.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    yeah I like to go out by myself!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    We hardly eat out at all.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    All the time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I even go to movies alone.

Same here....no issues with it
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I go to Cora's sometimes by myself, I'm on campus at college and they have these big tables so I often do some readings/homework and eat. I felt a little bit uncomfortable/lonely the first couple of times but after a while you get used to it and I've even seen a couple students doing the same!

I generally prefer eating with other people, especially at "restaurants"
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I only usually eat out with another person.

how-you-doin-o.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    What? Eating breakfast slowly while reading the news is a lost art. It is a very relaxing experience.

I cherish my alone time.

And going to the movies alone is like magic since you don't have to worry about your date or friends liking the movie, you get to enjoy the drive home thinking about it with out the bombardment of outside opinions.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Pancakes...oh yeah...IHOP and a book...
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree it's better to have company, but I don't have a problem eating alone. I eat alone at home anyway, so it doesn't matter. I know a restaurant (name withheld to protect the innocent), where I am a frequent flyer, that has a booth in the back, and let's my dog come in and sit under the table. Does that count?
  • weavemyway
    weavemyway Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't typically go out for breakfast, but I do solo lunch and dinner often enough! It's nice. You can pop in head phones or read a book. I'll do some homework too. And get a drink :)