you ever eat out for breakfast by yourself?

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, and usually because I have a book I am into and want some quiet time.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Years ago I used to go to the Shoney's breakfast buffet before work. Since I start work about 630, it ain't easy finding someone to go with you anyway. Now even if I wanted to pig out, I find I can't even get my money's worth at any buffet. Old age has broken up that old appetite of mine.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've eaten breakfast alone (except maybe a muffin once in a while), but lunch certainly. It's relaxing! I used to do it frequently in university and still do it every so often when I really want some time to myself.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. I travel for work, often alone, so yes, I eat out alone for all meals. I usually just mess around on my smart phone.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I am fine with eating alone but I need something to replace conversation. I always bring my tablet pc to read while I eat.
  • RobbinRL
    Options
    I have many times and would do it over and over!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...what a strange thread :laugh:
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    All the time. Im single and only have my son every other week. So if I go out to eat its usually by myself. I don't find it strange. I actually enjoy going to breakfast on a weekend by myself. Read the paper or bring the tablet and eat breakfast. I never thought that it was out of the ordinary.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I can't eat alone. It's sad.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I like to pretend that my date stood me up, and when the manager sees how upset I am, he or she usually gives me a free meal. No, that's a lie, but I should try that!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    never, what a waste of money.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get up so early for dancing that my lunch break is still at breakfast time. I go to Ihop or Terra breads. Breakfast food is my favorite. I love eggs.

Sometimes I go with a friend, but other times I slip away by myself because often I prefer to eat alone.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about something else.

*exit*
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    All the time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I even go to movies alone.

No issue here. I could phone a friend, and not look lonely, but I'm comfortable being alone. I like myself and enjoy my company :-)

Me too. In fact, I prefer my own company to the company of others.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    i think for breakfast it seems easier to do
    everyone is starting their day
    it gets awkward at lunch and dinner
    lunch you should probably be eating with coworkers or invite a friend
    dinner is with family and friends
    7am breakfast alone seems more chill
    no one is going to think "duuuude what a loner!"

Nice Haiku!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have no problem eating by myself, it takes time to get use to, but you have to remember no one is looking at you so go out and enjoy yourself!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. The kids kind of insist I feed their needy mouths, too.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes..I went to Cracker Barrel last Friday by myself.

I ate:

2 scrambled eggs with cheese.
    bowl of grits
    2 biscuits with apple butter
    2 turkey sausages
    3 Pancakes with Pecans/butter/syrup.

Washed it down with 20 oz of water!

Then drove over to Starbucks and got Carmel Salted Mocha Grande.

Awesome Friday...may do that again this coming Friday!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that people think that if they eat alone people will think they are a lonely, rejected loner (or something). That must be an internal thing. I am married and have two kids, so getting some alone time is nice and feels good. I never think what other people are thinking because I know I'm not lonely, I'm enjoying some alone time. I like to think and be peaceful. I'm a very social person, and when I am with people I feel like I have it all "turned on", I talk and listen and get excited. But, at least on a weekly basis, I don't want to be on entertainment mode. I just want to be by myself.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I did it all the time in college. I took early morning classes and to kill time before work, I would go to the Denny's alone and study. It was peaceful.