100 Calorie Dinner?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I will not sit quietly by while people continue to post meals consisting of <100 calories of primarily egg whites!

1. <100 calories is not a meal...or at least not an adult meal. Actually, strike that...it's not a child or infant meal either.

2. There is *no* way a tiny snack of <100 calories is "filling". Perhaps I'll buy that it is "distracting" enough to make you forget you are hungry for a moment or two...or that it is momentarily "settling" to your hunger-wracked, rumbling stomach...but it is not "filling".

3. What are you doing with the egg yolks (the most delicious, most nutritious part of the egg)??? Lie to me and tell me your significant other is eating them...or perhaps you're feeding them to your children. Maybe you're feeding them to your pets. I hope it's something like this...because the thought of you throwing them away saddens me.

OP - please eat a "normal" meal, go over by a few hundred calories for the day and carry on. More importantly, reevaluate if your daily deficit is reasonable. Frequently having <100 calories left for dinner, while not definitive, is a clue that it might not be.

Dammit, Jof... Why do you always have to be so... sensible?! Ugh!

549.gif

Just...so full of win..

It's all full of win, but I bolded the part that I REALLY hope the OP doesn't miss.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Miller 64 and broccoli.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Exercise, burn 300 - 400 calories calories and eat a 400 - 500 calorie dinner.

Edited to fix spelling.
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a real meal. I'd start fresh again tomorrow.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Salad. Lots of it.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I made you a 100 Calorie recipe.

Ingredients:
    1 Medium zucchini - 31 Calories
    1/2 Cup onion - 34 calories
    1 Tablespoon Capers - 2 Calories
    2 Tablespoon Black Olives - 25 calories
    2 Tablespoon Breadcrumbs - 55 calories
    1 tablespoon margrine - 70 calories

Serves 2, 109 calories per serving.

1) Slice zucchini in half and scoop out middle, leaving a shell.
    2) Chop onion and add to pan with margarine, cook until transparent
    3) add in capers, olives, and the chopped up zucchini middles
    4) add to bowl with Breadcrumbs, mix together
    5) stuff into the zucchini shells
    6) Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350, until the shells are soft and the tops are browned.
    7) You should burn at least 9 calories cooking, so you should be okay.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I made you a 100 Calorie recipe.

Ingredients:
    1 Medium zucchini - 31 Calories
    1/2 Cup onion - 34 calories
    1 Tablespoon Capers - 2 Calories
    2 Tablespoon Black Olives - 25 calories
    2 Tablespoon Breadcrumbs - 55 calories
    1 tablespoon margrine - 70 calories

Serves 2, 109 calories per serving.

1) Slice zucchini in half and scoop out middle, leaving a shell.
    2) Chop onion and add to pan with margarine, cook until transparent
    3) add in capers, olives, and the chopped up zucchini middles
    4) add to bowl with Breadcrumbs, mix together
    5) stuff into the zucchini shells
    6) Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350, until the shells are soft and the tops are browned.
    7) You should burn at least 9 calories cooking, so you should be okay.
    So you're proposing that someone eat half a stuffed zucchini for dinner? That would make me all stabby stab stab stab. It's a nice side dish... What's for the rest of dinner?! Add about an 8 oz. tilapia filet, a fruit salad, and a chocolate vitatop and I might consider it a full meal. And still only 500 calories. Yep, that'll work.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    :explode:
    I dont find 100 calorie snacks also satisfying..dinner? :sad:
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @ Fullsterkur_w

lol. No. If she wants something that's 100 calories, there's something that's 100 calories.

That's not dinner. That's a side dish or at least a modified full dish. For me mostly that's a side dish to just more vegetables. When I make that for myself I use Seitan and marinate the whole thing in Olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. :p its still less than 400 calories when I make my full version.

I figured there were enough "just have a beer" or "eat an egg" suggestions. :)

Personally, I'd call the day a wash, eat my regular sized dinner and start the next day. I'm only at 1200 calories, so if I go over by 100 or 200 or even 300, i'm still a ridiculous amount under for the day.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    A bag of cotton balls and a shot of vodka.

Or if you'd like to avoid the eating disorder, just eat a good balance of protein and veggies with healthy fat and try to evaluate which meal you really need more calories for and budget for that accordingly. I dont eat much for breakfast but become a bottomless pit around 8pm. So my breakfast cereal is often my evening snack.
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go for a ~30 min walk with a bottle of water and come back to make a 300 cal dinner.
  • AlexiScott
    Options
    Eat celery sticks till your jaws hurt lol that's what I'd do.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat celery sticks till your jaws hurt lol that's what I'd do.

tumblr_m0c8vwV1VD1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • Just a huge pile of fresh, uncooked veggies. But you can go burn some of that off if you are still awake. :wink: Don't beat yourself up.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have a 500 calorie per day deficit just use an extra 200-300 calories for a healthy dinner like lean protein with salad or veggies and a little bit of healthy fat. Should be able to have something satisfying and filling for between 300-400 calories and you'll still have a 200-300 calorie deficit. Problem solved!
  • fairyt4l3s
    Options
    Low cal shop bought soup? Yummy and filling!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    LOL

Cant be serious
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    tuna lettuce cucumber and tomato. nice salad!!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    chicken breast/fish with a green salad or veg. You'll be slightly over 100cal but at least its a meal.
  • laurenbrooke79
    laurenbrooke79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2 spiralized zucchinis (looks and tastes pretty much like a huge plate of pasta), sauteed mushrooms and whatever other lo cal veggies you like sauteed, and a little pizza sauce ( I like it better than pasta sauce and has only 2 grams of sugar)