Soooo Tired

Options
13»

Replies

• ray_2013
    ray_2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i was just suggesting her to go n get a checkup... she might b suffering from anemia...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I get this way when I am about a week out from my period!
    How long has this been going on? I don't want to jump right in and say go see your doc before knowing this. If this is a recent thing then you may be able to fix it on your own through your eating habits. If you drink caffiene then stop drinking it after noon, and try to stick to less than 2 cups a day. Try exercising earlier if you are working out at night. Also, try not eating after 7.
    Also, try taking a melatonin at night until your sleep is regulated. Melatonin will help you fall asleep and stay asleep. You may be waking up slightly in the middle of the night without really realizing it. If the tired continues then deff go see a doctor.
  • ray_2013
    ray_2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it hpns wid me too... n d doc said dat it was becoz i am anemic... u should go n consult a doctor as well...

^^WTF does that say?:noway:
    That's what I was thinking. I got a headache after the 5th word... If those are words...

It happens with me as well. I went to the Dr, and he believes I am anemic, which would account for my lethargy. The OP should consider inquiring of her Dr regarding anemia.

I think she should get her hemoglobin levels checked
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There's also this thing called "pernicious anemia" which is actually a B12 defeciency. The body is not equipped to process iron without B12.

I know because my iron levels always returned low even after 3 months of supplements. Started taking B-vitamins, and my iron is always consistently normal.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the good advice! I am definitely going to get some blood work done and check my iron levels and everything else for that matter. I like the Melatonin idea also... I use to pass meds at a nursing facility and I gave that frequently and they said it helped with out taking a harsh sleeping pill. :smile:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    after you visit the doctor (and i hope it's nothing serious) make sure you are eating good healthy foods that will help to boost your energy. quinoa definitely is one (think of it as rice), yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, lentils, bananas and eggs.

i see you eat a lot of prepackaged foods - make sure you are not consuming a lot of hidden sugar. maybe think about switching up your breakfast while the oatmeal is good you could just buy plain ole oatmeal and add your favorite toppings to it instead of the kind you're eating now. maybe add a hard boiled egg to your breakfast.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    it hpns wid me too... n d doc said dat it was becoz i am anemic... u should go n consult a doctor as well...

^^WTF does that say?:noway:
    That's what I was thinking. I got a headache after the 5th word... If those are words...

It happens with me as well. I went to the Dr, and he believes I am anemic, which would account for my lethargy. The OP should consider inquiring of her Dr regarding anemia.

I think she should get her hemoglobin levels checked

thank you , I understood what you were saying lol. A lot of people agree on the anemia part!
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting your iron and thyroid checked. I looked at your diary. I don't know if you have any food restrictions, but you are eating alot of carbs and processed foods. I would add more protein. Foods like chicken, turkey, nuts, etc. I feel tired all of the time also. But I started monitoring my carb intake and increasing protein and I don't feel as tired. I get between 100-150 grams of carbs a day. Stress and anxiety can also make a person feel tired. Good luck!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting?
    Finally! I thought no one was going to ask! Sleep is the often overlooked component of fitness.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Less sugar, More vitamin D
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't overlook Vitamin D when you get your blood work done. It's not normally on the usual blood workup.

lack of D will make you very tired. :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with your Doctor.

Definitely this. If the doctor says there's nothing wrong, then I suggest a 24 oz. cup of black coffee. Preferably a Kona blend.
  • torisiegel
    Options
    I was feeling really tired each day, and then I started doing a light workout for 30 minutes in the morning: riding a stationary bike at approx. 9 mph, medium resistance. Now I feel like I have a lot of energy each day... and on days that I skip (like today), I feel so drowsy. I can definitely tell the difference!