Riddle Me This.....

Options

Replies

• Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?

None
    The boat rises with the tide.

CORRECT!
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
    SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
    STUDY COMBINED WITH
    THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count the F's in that sentence. Count them ONLY ONCE.
    Do not go back and count them again....can I trust all of you? :)
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?

I'm no math whiz but I am going to say none...because the boat would rise with the tide.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
    SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
    STUDY COMBINED WITH
    THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count the F's in that sentence. Count them ONLY ONCE.
    Do not go back and count them again....can I trust all of you? :)

• artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
  • darkon
    Options
    Damn Gusta!
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    6 F's
    But i already knew this one, your mind has hard to read the F from the word OF for some reason i have read something about that

CORRECT! I wonder if anyone cheated.....
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    Name three consecutive days without using the words Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday or Sunday...
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
  • darkon
    Options
    Name three consecutive days without using the words Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday or Sunday...

yesterday, today, and tomorrow
  • darkon
    Options
    Damn!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    yesterday, today, tomorrow
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    yesterday, today, tomorrow

CORRECT - he's on a role!!!!!
  • darkon
    Options
    Damn!

2-1 for me mate, but i g2g soon so you can score better :D

Nooo stay! :P
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    You are in a room connected to another room with a door. No light can get in or out. There is a light bulb hanging in the other room, just beyond the door, within arms reach and three light switches in your room. If you can only flip two switches and you can only go into the other room once, how can you know for sure which switch will turn on the bulb?
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    How is roll spelled correctly?
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    6 F's
    But i already knew this one, your mind has hard to read the F from the word OF for some reason i have read something about that

Also correct - the mind sees the 'F's in the word OF phonetically (as a V) and most people will miss them.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Go into the room without closing the door & flick the first 2 switches in sequence.
  • darkon
    Options
    You are in a room connected to another room with a door. No light can get in or out. There is a light bulb hanging in the other room, just beyond the door, within arms reach and three light switches in your room. If you can only flip two switches and you can only go into the other room once, how can you know for sure which switch will turn on the bulb?

Turn on switch 1.
    Turn off switch 1 after 10 minutes.
    Turn on switch 2.
    Enter the room.
    If the light is on, light is controlled by switch 2.
    If the light is off and warm, light is controlled by switch 1.
    If the light is off and cool, light is controlled by switch 3.
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options

Open de door, flip the upper switch, then the second then you know which one turns on light, if none then 3th switch is the right one

You don't have to go into the other room

HAHAHA - you beat the riddle - let me rephrase. you cannot open the door until you have made your selections....