Riddle Me This.....

Options

Replies

• Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This is the only riddle I ever understood:

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich don't need it, And if you eat it, you'll die?
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    nothing.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    This is the only riddle I ever understood:

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich don't need it, And if you eat it, you'll die?

Nothing
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The knight built up his immunity to Iocane Powder?

Arg,I couldn't remember the name of the poison! lol HELLO!

High Five for both of us being on the same wavelength! :laugh:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The knight built up his immunity to Iocane Powder?

Bwahahaha, I love this!

And I've only gotten about half of these right, but I still love trying to figure them out :)
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors.

Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters.

Through the second door there is a fire-breathing dragon.

How does the man escape?
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    He must wait for night when there is no sun.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options

+1
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    He waits until nighttime and goes out the room made of glass
    (or he waits until nighttime and sneaks past the dragon)
    A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors.

Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters.

Through the second door there is a fire-breathing dragon.

How does the man escape?
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options

CORRECT!
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    you have a 3gal jug and 5gal jug, an endless supply of water, and a scale.

If you can only place weigh it once, how do you get exactly 4gal of water on the scale the first time -- no guessing allowed?

come on die hard fans!
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No, today i hate scales so i wont go for this :)
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    No, today i hate scales so i wont go for this :)

how thoughtless of me!
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you have a 3gal jug and 5gal jug, an endless supply of water, and a scale.

If you can only place weigh it once, how do you get exactly 4gal of water on the scale the first time -- no guessing allowed?

come on die hard fans!

Fill the 3 gallon - pour in five gallon
    Fill 3 gallon again - pour in 5 gallon until five gallon is full
    Empty 5 gallon - put remaining water from 3 gallon in 5 gallon
    Fill 3 gallon again - pour in 5 gallon - four gallons of water in 5 gallon jug
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Ok, i got one myself:

Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter.
    Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which.
    How you do this?

Thus ends this thread in a mess of exploded heads
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ok, i got one myself:

Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter.
    Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which.
    How you do this?

I did this one last year and I understand the logic, but my word, google is best!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... 22 apples....although if you were to continue to utilize the three wrapper scenerio it could be an infinate amount of apples couldn't it?
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... 22 apples....although if you were to continue to utilize the three wrapper scenerio it could be an infinate amount of apples couldn't it?

Nope, after you buy the 22nd apple, you have 22 apples and one wrapper. You can't get any more apples.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Here's one...

At the recent inter-departmental jam making contest, four lucky candidates took part to make the juiciest strawberry jam. The ages of the contestants were 14, 17, 20 and 22. As it happens the person who came last was the oldest, whereas Stuart was three years older than the person who came second. James was neither the oldest nor the youngest and Kev finished ahead of the 17 year old, but didn't win. John was also unlucky this time and didn't win either. Can you determine who finished where and how old they are?
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    Sorry folks - work called and asked me to do some. :)

A frog fell into a hole that was 14 1/2 feet deep. He could jump 3 feet, but he slid back a foot each time he jumped. How many jumps does it take him to get out of the hole?