Was this rude or not?

Options

Replies

• Luwright321
    Luwright321 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think the guy was rude. Geez, it was your own private conversation, it wasn't his concern or his business :smile:

This. And I would have told him, in plain English so he'd understand, to go shove it and mind his own damn business!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Send him to America... we have all kinds of rude a**holes here :-D

Better yet, ya'll come to America! I hear spanish as often as english now anyway!
    m
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Rude..... Nuff said
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    He was rude! As long as you can communicate with the public with no problems who cares? I volunteer in an Elementary school and it drives me crazy when the kids have to translate for their parents. (parents don't speak/understand English) That I think isn't right and I don't think the kids should be put in that situation, but if you were just talking with your siblings that guy should of just minded his own business!
    Besides, it's encouraged in school to learn a second language! It's a good thing to know more than one!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Not. I would've answered him with two words in English.
  • rprobbins
    Options
    Sadly here in the USA you would be treated the same in mostly non-cultured cities, towns… It is sad, but for some reason low IQ’s breed animosity…
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The guy is likely a racist and a jerk.
    Gwaine_punch.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, I agree with the other.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That man was not only being rude to you, he was being racist. You are not in the wrong at all.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    This only works in America, duhhh.
  • JforChange
    Options
    Dude was A) Nosey, B) Rude
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    he was an ignorant moron
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    "Nationalism is a disease." (Nicholas Negroponte)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It was rude when its your private conversation with family members, not condoning his behaviour but i can see why he is maybe irritated with what goes on in this country, but i think that's a bigger issue than than some family members talking to each other in Spanish.

What is going on in his/my country?
    I'm wondering this too Lexi, I hope nothing to worry about!

Yes, please do tell, we want to know as we're not aware...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    He was rude! As long as you can communicate with the public with no problems who cares? I volunteer in an Elementary school and it drives me crazy when the kids have to translate for their parents. (parents don't speak/understand English) That I think isn't right and I don't think the kids should be put in that situation, but if you were just talking with your siblings that guy should of just minded his own business!
    Besides, it's encouraged in school to learn a second language! It's a good thing to know more than one!

What is so bad about that?

I used to do the same for my parents, I didn't have a problem with it. I have no idea why you think it's not right.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I normally tell people who say something like that to me, that I was talking about them and didn't want to hurt their feelings. After, I switch to English, and just like cruelly make comments about the person. I'm a **** towards Xenophobes.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    That was incredibly rude. Sorry you had to deal with that. If I were there I would have supported you and told him to get lost before called a police officer to arrest him or at least give him a warning if an arrest for assault was unlikely.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    ventobig.jpg

I presume this guy is an indigenous Indian expressing his desire to have his country back from the white settlers who violently took their land from them........ no?
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Shoulda just told him, merde
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Its also pretty hypocritical, because if there is something Brits are famous for it's the lack of foreign language skills and general arrogance in assuming "well everyone speaks English anyway!".

I didn't know this. I've heard this about Americans, but not Brits.