Women who grunt when lifting weights...

Options

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    <--Red-faced, pouring sweat and grunting like a pig by that last rep! :laugh:
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    @Shutupandmoveeeeeee..chill dude. it's a question, because obviously.

and quite frankly, I could care less, actually I do care less. I have noise cancelling earbuds, so I hear *kitten* besides my music, I just noticed it more so last night, because after I finished a difficult set, there were 2 dudes behind me giving me a "wtf" look..I paid it no mind, and kept keeping on.

Just wanted some thoughts, and I go to a 24hr fitness gym, and the one I go too, not a lot of women lift, I often find just me myself and I there; and the ones that do, don't lift as heavy as I do. So I honestly have not heard or seen many women grunt or make noise while lifting, it's all dudes.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I ttry not to grunt mainly because although the weights are heavy for me, they aren't heavy for a lot of other people

I'm not going to lie I feel self conscious when i'm only deadlifting 75lbs around military people deadlifting/squatting double or more lbs lol

I whisper my counts though...i basically try to be undetectable. lol

That's how I feel about it, I suppose. I see some bad *kitten* chicks and guys lifting more than me, and I feel somewhat self conscious about it. Like, why am I making so much damn noise and that person is breezing through it. But I do understand we are all at different fitness levels, but doesn't make me any less self conscious :embarassed:
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you need to grunt, it sounds like you're doing it right. Probably better than I am.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I find far less women do it, probably due to issues with embarrassment and self-confidence.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I make sex noises when I lift. Much more considerate.

I think I love you.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I usually grunt when lifting. That **** is heavy.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't have an opinion on it because I don't care. I grunt and couldn't give a poop less what anyone else thinks about it.

I agree...
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i can't help it if my grunt is much sexier than the ones i hear coming out of the men at the gym...
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    i can't help it if my grunt is much sexier than the ones i hear coming out of the men at the gym...

The "AHHH" at the *kitten* end of squats gets me every time. EVERY. TIME.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday, and this guy was on one of the leg machines. He grunted so loudly on every lift that I could hear him from about 50 feet away. It was hilarious!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I make sex noises when I lift. Much more considerate.

I think I love you.

:flowerforyou:
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm noisy when lifting heavy and during kickboxing. I'm trying to break "ribs" with my shin, so grunting is almost required!
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    *posting in a bro-flexing thread disguised as something else*

Chuck Norris doesn't grunt. Nor do I. Stop being weak and push that weight without a sound.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I grunt and cuss, who cares? It's the pee leakage that's most embarrassing.

Interesting you say that. One of the ladies I train with occasionally was deadlifting for a new Australian Record and got it half way up when she just seemed to drop it for no reason. Later on, she said she didn't want to be known as that girl on YT who pee'd herself deadlifting :laugh:

However, after this conversation, others said it happens from time to time. Others I know stuff tissues in their noses to stop blood spurting out. I think grunting is the least of their concerns!

My GF just started training at commercial gym recently and had the same thought as she is much louder than most. I figured, if she is squatting as much or more than most guys then she can be as loud as she wants.
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm the only woman in the weight section of my gym... :frown:

By the way, I do grunt and I have farted only once.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I exhale loudly when going heavier. IDGAF if in public. At home, the blasting speakers drown out my noises.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I would think they are getting at it.

I never paid attention to myself because of my earbuds are on blast over the years, but the other day I blew my MP3 player up in the heavy rain so I had to go naked to the gym.

Its the first time I noticed my grunts. They're not ridiculously loud, but I hit it hard. I don't play around and the last 1-2 reps are always crazy tough.

You paid your fees just like I did. You want to grunt, let one blow. You can do anything you want as long as you stay the eff out of the squat rack when your not using it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, my grunts are appreciated

Me too. Except I usually lift at 5 am. No one is around to hear me. :frown:
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I grunt....90% have headphones in anyways. I just hate when the weird noises get louder and louder and you wonder if they are lifting or fornicating in the gym.