Weight is a Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey...When to Weigh Self?

Options

Replies

• ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i have nothing to add except... "Allons-y"
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You profile pic is the T.A.R.D.I.S. and your ticker pic is Sherlock... I think I love you.

Otherwise, as long as it's consistent, it doesn't really matter. I only do my official weigh-ins at the doctor's office, so that's like every couple months and I can hardly get naked...

This. Also, best thread title EVER.

:)
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fact I found on the internet, your body can hold pounds of poop. In fact an healthy morbidly obese person can hold 30lbs of poop. I forget where I saw that but It will not leave my mind ever.
    I remember that it dries inside your colon and can damage it if you lack enough fiber and hydration.

You forget where you saw that because it is 100% false. Your body cannot fold 30 pounds of poop. Wow...Do you have any idea how toxic that would be? Death!

At any time, the most poop your body has is at the worst maybe 5-7 pounds.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Morning time, naked, after your morning poop.

This, and do it everyday. Then use a service like trendweight.com to smooth out the fluctuations and see the general trend. I see where you are going with weekly weigh-ins, but think about it for a second. You could trend down over six days, and then be 4 pounds up on the day you weigh. But you didn't see that downward trend - just the upward blip. Could be gone tomorrow, but again, you won't know because you have a whole week until you next weigh.

Precisely this just happened to me this morning, by the way. Downward trend all week, then this morning a four pound jump. Not sweating it, because I can see the trend, and I know tomorrow or the next day I'll be down again.

2w.png
    I'm so glad that others have this up and down fluctuations too, makes me feel more at easy. I was down yesterday and up 2 and half today. So disappointing, but I told myself to wait to see what tomorrow brings. But, you have a great point. Thanks!
  • aprilrunswithmolly
    Options
    For those weighing every day - do you record it here, or is it just for reference and you record weekly?

Also, is there another website similar to the trendweight.com that doesn't require you to purchase new equipment?
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I don't weigh everyday because your weight fluctuates all the time. Just a reason for you to get discouraged
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    For those weighing every day - do you record it here, or is it just for reference and you record weekly?

other - I only log my weight here if I have maintained it for two days in a row - up or down...so sometimes I update it every day (when I'm having a "whoosh week"), sometimes not for two weeks (when my body does that up and down every day thing). I do have a spreadsheet that I use to log my daily weight though :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Also, is there another website similar to the trendweight.com that doesn't require you to purchase new equipment?

Trendweight doesn't require equipment, it just requires a fitbit account where you enter your weight.

You can still use the fitbit website, even without a scale or a tracker. Then just link trendweight to fitbit, and fitbit to MFP. Log your weight in MFP, it will transfer to fitbit, and then on to trendweight.

I use trendweight, and I do not own an Aria scale.
  • Hegemone
    Hegemone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love the topic, love the ticker, love the TARDIS! Have no useful advice at all, but just loving the wonderful geekery. Makes me feel right at home here!
  • ladymm40
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I only log my weight once a week ...usually on Thursday or Friday.
  • aprilrunswithmolly
    Options

Trendweight doesn't require equipment, it just requires a fitbit account where you enter your weight.

You can still use the fitbit website, even without a scale or a tracker. Then just link trendweight to fitbit, and fitbit to MFP. Log your weight in MFP, it will transfer to fitbit, and then on to trendweight.

I use trendweight, and I do not own an Aria scale.

Awesome, good to know! Thank you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning naked because it keeps me honest to weigh every day. Yesterday, at home, which is the scale I weighed on the day I started here, I weighed 175.5. At 5pm, I weighed 178.6 dressed but without shoes at my doctors office. I am also always the last appointment at my doc's office and tried to get Heather (the nurse) to just put in 175 and skip it so she could go home, but she wouldn't go for it. At least I know now that my goal weight at home has to be 147 for it to be 150 at Marta's office.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    Morning definatly first thing after a wee before a drink or anything in the buff
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    http://justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/

You might find it less frustrating if you understand what is going on with day to day fluctuations. Link above gives a nice explanation.
  • Fit2Fat2FitMomma
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning, 15 min after I wake up, empty bladder, empty stomach, etc. I used to weigh on Sundays, but then would binge the rest of the day because my weigh-in was done. Now that I do it on Mondays, I pay attention to what I eat and do on the weekends more.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who AND Sherlock!!!!!!!!!!! Yessssssssssssss:love:

In answer to your question - I find it best to weigh in first thing in the morning, naked, after I pee:blushing:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You profile pic is the T.A.R.D.I.S. and your ticker pic is Sherlock... I think I love you.

Not only that, but the title. I think I only clicked for the title!
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I get the feeling I'm not a "regular" as everybody else....

I weigh every morning, in my night clothes, after I pee. If I poop shortly thereafter, I know that I've lost .6 of a pound.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that title said, but do those work in wwf?

It's a line from Doctor Who, I think first used in the episode Blink ( … don't watch it alone at night! :devil: )
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Morning time, naked, after your morning poop.

Yup...This. :)
    ditto....and if you're at a weight that is .1 or .0, i try to poop some more lol

hahaha this is my new plan.