Do people treat you differently -- or is it you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think when you look better, you feel better-- and it radiates out from you.

People pick up almost magnetically onto positive people.

This!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think in the workplace, and some other situations as well, I am treated differently in a not-so-great way. I honestly think I received a lot of pity and/or sympathy from women, particularly women around 30-60 when I was much larger. It seems like most of my life I've been used to being the "sweet big girl" and even when I thought I was quite confident, assertive, etc, people kind of felt sorry for me or did not take me as seriously or expect as much from me due to my size. I am still very large but I feel like I'm treated a bit harsher now and I don't feel like people are pitying me or giving me special "leeway" because of my size. I honestly never really even noticed this stuff when it was happening (80 lb ago) but now I kind of see it, especially because I now pick up on that sort of treatment to women who are closer to my previous size. It kind of weirds me out, to be honest.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think like a lot of other people have said already, confidence and attitude make a big difference! And when you feel better about yourself and are taking care of yourself and have lost weight, you have more confidence and a better attitude. And that radiates to other people, and they are drawn to that. I've had many people, especially men, tell me that they are more attracted to self confidence in a woman than anything else. I know since I've lost 18 pounds (still about 10-15 pounds away from goal weight), I'm wearing clothes that I wouldn't have worn before and I'm walking with my head held much higher than before and looking people in the eye more. And I'm getting more smiles and more attention as a result of that!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I also find it is not so much that people I know treat me very differently but I get attention from strangers & from people who have no clue I used to weigh a lot more. I definitely look a lot better but it is more than how one looks that draws the positive attention. It is kind of like we give off positive vibes that attract people.

I am really enjoying this perk of major fat loss. I'm not ever going to take this for granted. I can remember being invisible.
  • zeek21
    zeek21 Posts: 18
    Options
    People treat me the same (if I was actually attractive, that might've changed how people treat me) and I treat them the same. Weight loss/= mental change, for me anyway.
    This
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!