What would you buy if you were a millionaire?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jaine86
    Options
    First thought a mummy make over lol second thought more logical= buy a house, a car and pay off my hecs loan.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Two chicks at the same time.

Why would you need to pay? :tongue:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    A huge warehouse covered in trampolines, with Velcro walls. You'd have to wear a Velcro suit, jump and stick to the walls.

I'd spend the rest of the money becoming Batman.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Really cheap Batman, that is
  • spiritscorner
    Options
    A personal trainer a big house with an indoor heated pool ! N big staples to hold my mouth closed around chocolate
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Invest that. Make it grow.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing. A PS4 lol, and pay off my mortgage and car payments. Probably do laser hair removal though because I'm so sick of shaving.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    2 pages in and nobody has said Hookers and Blow

Wow
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We're well over that (I'm near retirement, DH is already retired). Here's how we live. One car (Nissan Altima, 100K miles, bought used). Rarely go out to eat; we're homebodies. One big, splashy trip a year. Paris this year, Alaska last year and next year. The Paris trip didn't cost us that much out of pocket because we used airline miles and hotel points for most of it. Our house will be paid for in 5 years and we're looking forward to downsizing soon. McMansions are pretty but they have a lot of rooms to clean and you have to pay to heat and cool them. No hired help. I mow the lawn and DH takes care of the pool. We did get DS through college with no debt and I'm proud of that. We buy most of our casual clothes from outlet stores and places like Marshall's. I'm more extravagant with my work wardrobe but right now I'm carrying around a 20-year old Coach bag. I use things till they wear out. DH doesn't have a cell phone. He doesn't want one. Mine is provided by my employer. DH has a desktop computer and I have a laptop that's at least 3 years old. When the laptop wears out I may get an iPad but not before. I've never had a professional manicure or pedicure.

And that's how an average person with a good job gets to be a millionaire. Spend less than you make, don't buy everything you see, set priorities.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you mean as in "one million dollars"? I would buy a house/apartment (I don't want a huge house but somethign comfortable), invest most of the rest for my future, and get some real help for my son. I would like to quit my job and go back to school. I would take one amazing vacation where i could stay in the best hotel, get a car service if needed, eat where i want, and not even look at the price tag of anything. (as opposed to my upcoming vacation where i'm staying at a Y, using the subway, eating probably street food, and shopping at sales and cheapie stores:laugh: ). just once I would like to be able to have the freedom to buy something without thinking how it's going to mess up the rest of the month's budget...
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I would buy a cottage up in the mountains somewhere, doesn't need to be big but comfortable and all mine. This is honestly my only ambition as far as material wealth is concerned.

I would keep another 100 K for splurging. Not sure what on but I'd think of something...

As for the remaining 700-800 K, I'm not sure. Not enthusiastic about investing and I could just live on that money, pretty comfortably, for 20 years, so... I would probably put it in a savings account and transfer 10 K a year from it into my checking account as a "back-up income" of sorts so I could be a lot more relaxed about gainful employment.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    A burberry trench coat, I'd pay off my student loans and go on a LOT of vacations. And probably buy some property in my city.