Safe to lose 8lbs a month while pregnant?

Options
1235»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is pretty scary and sad...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I just can't...

SMH
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you already have 2 kids. You know the answer to this one without the forum and without talking to a doctor.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Are you serious, or are you trolling?!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I pretty much ate whatever i wanted the first 5 months of pregnancy and gained around 25 pounds by then(i started overweight anyway). Until i found out i had gestational diabetes, so i was refereed to a nutritionist and my diet was set for me. Just healthy food and getting lots of proteins and walks in throughout the day. Unknowingly i lost aounrd 4 poudns just the first week and it freaked me out, but doctors said it was ok and normal. I just stabilized after that and gained a total of 30 pounds entire pregnancy(only 5 the last 4 months).
    So what i am trying to say is eat healthy and at maintenance and stay active. If you lose some weight doing this, its an added bonus, but trying to lose weight by yourself is risky. As you mentioned, get in touch with your doctor and get refereed to nutritionist to guide you through this safely if you are very overweight.
    I lost all pre pregnancy weight within the first 3 months, its a different story that i gained 20 of them back and just lost it again :happy:

And yes, congrats!