For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

I still have shape changes that I want. I also want to be leaner. Time in the gym plus calorie-deficit are my friends right now.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Sauna, I spend about 60 minutes lifting (many compound lifts) x 3 weekly.
    Ok, cool thanks^_^
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Lifting is perfect, good job :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Way to GO BEEPS! :)
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    awesome job!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks!

Today, unfortunately, I cannot get to the gym at all. No lifting (which I missed due to Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday!) and no cardio.

Boooooo.
  • chenrytc2
    Options
    bump
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You'll make it up! (ETA: I mean you'll make up missing a day...just realized that might sound sort of random!)

You look fabulous and I'm so glad you posted your changes. Too many people STILL do only cardio. I almost never do straight cardio and am also leaner than ever, at 40 years old.

Keep it you--you look (and, even better--FEEL) fantastic.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do feel GREAT! (Mind you, I felt GREAT during all my cardio-years, too....)

I think my actual shape just matches what I thought I looked like in my mind. So, emotionally I FEEL better (about myself).
  • Alicia_rcw
    Options
    Here's a link to the Venus Factor website.. I didn't find it in the post so I'll post it myself in case anyone was wondering. I got some questions about it already, so know that I am more than willing to reply to your PM's with questions :).. I will always recommend venus, it's worked for a lot of us.

link: http://tinyurl.com/m2uo9ev
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    endofmonth21_zps20d45885.jpg

^^^ 21 months of heavy-lifting free weights - THAT is the picture on the right-hand-side.

On the left-hand side is me, after 25+ YEARS as a cardio-gym rat.

Yes, I still do SOME cardio, but my exercise-focus is on lifting heavy free weights.

And, yes, I'm "busy" like everybody else. I am 44 years old, a professional career-woman with more than 20 full-time years invested in my profession. I am a wife, mother of 3, volunteer, but I choose to take care of myself and as I come upon nearly 2-full-years focused on weight-lifting (instead of cardio), I'm very pleased with my progress.

Oh, and I'm 5'9" tall....for all you stats people!

go weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep... INCHES baby.. make all the diff.. awesum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Very nice results, and a great incentive for me to get back to consistent weightlifting!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks! It is JUST about time to do my next month-end pictures/scale/tape measure......WOOHOOOOOO!!!
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey Beeps - can you share details on what kind of weight you started lifting and what you can lift now?

Bench
    Deadlift
    OHP
    Bent rows

Maybe just those so we have a reference point?

Thanks

....and you look great!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi mousemom18,

I don't have any PR's to brag about, re: the "big lifts".

Bench - I did 25 lb DB's yesterday. 5 x 10 reps
    Deadlift - I did 95 lb BB yesterday. 5 x 10 reps
    OHP - I don't do this, unsure what it is??
    Bent rows - I did 25 lb DB's yesterday. 5 x 10 reps
  • Mjconnelly586
    Mjconnelly586 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great motivation! I am also a cardio queen always running or on the elliptical and just recently have started lifting and really like it! I feel guilty when I lift and don't do cardio as if i am not going to get what I am looking for and here you are living proof. Thanks for sharing!
  • worthagl
    worthagl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look great!
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi mousemom18,

I don't have any PR's to brag about, re: the "big lifts".

Bench - I did 25 lb DB's yesterday. 5 x 10 reps
    Deadlift - I did 95 lb BB yesterday. 5 x 10 reps
    OHP - I don't do this, unsure what it is??
    Bent rows - I did 25 lb DB's yesterday. 5 x 10 reps

OHP = Overhead Press

And thanks - I can't believe you did all this with relatively manageable weights.

That gives me hope!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!