For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Options

Replies

• marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tatally agree with the OP.....81 pounds down and counting doing around 80% weightlifting and 20% cardio.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Beeps, you're ripped, girl! How on earth did all the chub on your thighs go away...squats, hip thrusts(weighted)? I would have never imagined such change and definition. May I ask your age? I think I read 44...is that correct? You look like 26!
    Really amazing results. I'm a fan!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm 44 (nearing 45, now!). I don't do a lot of squats (anymore) because I'm sooooooo quad-dominant, and my body-shape isn't favourable for many different types of squats (i.e. I have a very short torso, very long limbs).

I have put weighted hip thrusts and weighted glute bridges into my regimen (THANK YOU BRET C.!!).

I do lots of American deadlifts, T-bends, one-legged get-ups (also quad-dominant, but I think my lazy-firing glutes work a bit!)...
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! You look amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you.
  • suemin68
    suemin68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks! I did complete my 1 x weekly scheduled cardio this morning - ZOOM!
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What People Think They Need to Do to Look Better, Lose Weight, and Get in Shape

pic-weight-loss-chart-01-325px.jpg

What People Actually Need to Do

pic-weight-loss-chart-02-325px.jpg
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great logging! Keep it up!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    how long do you usually lift? I lift weights about 4 times a week but with all the sets i set myself up to do, I mainly only workout for about 30 or so minutes and then i throw in a lift exercise that is the opposite of what i had been concentrating on that day (so if it was shoulders and back day i do one exercise for legs). i was just wondering if 30 minutes is enough and im really working at it not half-a$$ing it to see results. and when you do some cardio for how long and what intensity do you do it at? thanks beeps or anyone who can answer this.

Also, great job!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :flowerforyou:

Love weight lifting, but still do cardio as I still have weight to lose!! Congrats OP!!!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow just wow!! i just started lifting heavy and i'm am sooo stoked!!! thank you for you post!!!! you really look incredle!!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm intimidated by free weights. Are the weights at a gym like Shapes or Youfit completely acceptable?
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mostly weights, less cardio. Cardio burns muscle. IMHO, you should only do HIIT when u do cardio. It has been proven over and again that weight lifting burns more calories for a longer time after u finish cardio. Unless u r training for marathons...lifting is the way to go.
  • MMulder68
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm intimidated by free weights. Are the weights at a gym like Shapes or Youfit completely acceptable?

dont be afraid! Read the book...The New Rules of Lifting by Lou Schuler. It is awesome!
  • MMulder68
    Options
    Tatally agree with the OP.....81 pounds down and counting doing around 80% weightlifting and 20% cardio.

This!!!!!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Nice!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Very nice Beeps! Excellent results!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sauna, I spend about 60 minutes lifting (many compound lifts) x 3 weekly.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Des10rob, I don't recognize the names of the gyms you've mentioned....maybe because I'm in Canada?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!