Starting a 40 Day Fast

Options
124»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    doesnt sound mom-approved. unless its part of a balanced breakfast :drinker:
  • Can't you all just be supportive?

Good Job OP...Super Idea!

When something is wrong and dangerous, nobody should support that. Shame on you.

(edit)

I realized it was sarcasm. SORRY xoxo
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    For years I have had a very toxic system. When I exercise, if I do too much, I feel very ill. Therefore exercising a lot to lose the weight is not going to happen for me at this point in time. The most I can do right now is 30 minutes 3 - 5 times per week.

Toxic System??? Hilarious. You get ill if you exercise because you are out of shape, probably malnourished also.

Good luck. I love food too much to not eat.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Can't you all just be supportive?

When something is wrong and dangerous, nobody should support that. Shame on you.

Definitely sarcasm!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Pretty sure that was sarcasm
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

That was sarcasm. Major, full of sciencey stuff sarcasm.
  • Can't you all just be supportive?

Hard to tell these days. After all, we're reading this thread.

Sorry xoxo
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that if you cant eat at a deficit long enough to lose weight, how do you expect to fast for 40 days?

This is what I was thinking the entire time I was reading the answers! LOL...

Sweetie, you have posted this cry for help on a website built to COUNT CALORIES...if you don't eat you don't have anything to count, so we MFP'ers have not a freaking CLUE what you are talking about! Eat the damn food...eat less of it than you burn off in a day...walk around the block a few times...drink the magnetic water (whatever that is) And, please, don't expect a group of folks that are getting healthy by counting calories to ever support starving yourself!
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    As with so many other posters, there is so much misinformation and myth in your post it is difficult to know where to start.

You have either been led on by your "medical consultants" who are clearly not MD's or nutritionists, or you have been reading too many crap websites, or both. Your relationship with food sounds as though it is very distorted.

I have no doubt that you are desperately looking for help and willing to try anything. If so, please drop this idea of fasting for 40 days and go see a real doctor, and hopefully a nutritionist. Good luck to you.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Hard to tell these days. After all, we're reading this thread.

Sorry xoxo

No worries! :flowerforyou:

And yes, this is a terrible idea. But OP has 1) made up their mind and 2) used the phrase 'magnetically balanced", so...In for the lulz.
  • misslibbyh
    misslibbyh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have tried juicing fasts and after the third day I was so hungry I ate everything in sight. I have read the fasting for a few days as well as taking some kind of natural oils can help pass stones. Fasting for that long may do terrible things to your body though including triggering a ravenous hunger that might make it difficult to eat healthy when you add food back in... also it may slow down your metabolism and cause you to gain when you begin eating regularly. For cleansing out your digestive system a fast for a few days is not such a bad idea... but be aware that your body can just as easily pass liquefied food and if you try your fast with green fruit smoothies you will be able to absorb the nutrients while satiating your appetite as well.

I truly believe that 40 days is far far to long of a fast of that type. You might be able to do it on smoothies but not on lemon juice... you will find yourself feeling sick, exhausted and unable to resist the cravings that are bound to ensue.

Please... if you choose to fast... do it for a shorter amount of time and drink juice or smoothies that include fruit and a variety of leafy greens that will give your body the nutrients it needs. Your brain, muscles and organs need these things in order to function properly. You risk throwing your system out of balance by restricting crucial nutrients that are vital to your health. Also i suggest throwing avocados in the smoothies... you will not taste them it will provide essential fatty acids that your body needs.

I would ask one of your doctor friends for some specific advice... tell someone who is a doctor exactly what you plan on living on and have them help you decide how long of a fast would be advised for you. 40 days is far too long. I never made it past three or four days and that was with juicing. I haven't felt the desire to fast in quite some time... but i did find that it helped a great deal with getting me regular again if I was suffering digestive issues. Again... this is only a few days... not anywhere near the amount of time you are considering.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh god, it's the magic water diet.

There is no magic water. You are not full of toxic waste. You do not need to cleanse your toxic body.

I highly suspect that you're a troll trying to start a drama thread.

Well one good troll deserves another:

The_Final_Countdown.jpg

You're welcome!
  • Oh god, it's the magic water diet.

There is no magic water. You are not full of toxic waste. You do not need to cleanse your toxic body.

I highly suspect that you're a troll trying to start a drama thread.

Well one good troll deserves another:

The_Final_Countdown.jpg

You're welcome!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a setup for the biggest binge in history. ........

And as a chef - how do you avoid the temptation for food?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.