Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    When a Gay guy says " Damn who's this handsome guy? "

:mad: :explode: :angry:

That makes you angry when a gay person compliments you? Why?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    from my husband yesterday "I can tell you are losing weight, your butt is looking jiggly like when you lost before" wtf??? and he thinks it was no big deal when he said it.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    "You have really incredible eyebrows."

WTH.

Uh oh. I tell people this all the time.

I just really like eyebrows.

haha I get quite a few compliments on my brows and am really flattered by it. When we first started dating, my fiancé asked me if I get them professionally done and I was like "WAT?" because I just pluck about 4-5 hairs from each one, they're totally natural. He followed up with, "Because they look awesome". Good save, haha.

Ha! I think some people just really like eyebrows, I've had that as a weird compliment from a co-worker:

"I'm sorry that I keep staring at your face; your eyebrows are perfect."

My response: "Umm, thanks, I pluck them . . ."

wth do you say back? I dunno!

I think my worst compliment was an ex from my college days who was saying his good-byes to me on the front porch after our date. He was being sweet to me and we were having our good-bye kisses, and then he held my face in his hands, looked into my eyes, like he was about to kiss me again, and then pressed his fingers against my cheekbones to check the definition of my face and pushed on my cheeks.

I was like, 'what are you doing?'
    His response, 'Hmm? Oh, I just wanted to see how you'd look . . .'

I do not think he knew how to give compliments. Everything was conditional, comparative, or a neg with him.

>_<

I hope he's 40 and alone by now. I really do.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    Options
    I get a lot of... "Wow you're not fat anymore..."
    Not sure why I think its rude... Probably just me...
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Posted this bangin pic of me in this super fitted tight white dress....a guy friend posts, "wow, u look great! I know ur wearing a girdle under that dress!".... Um....really dude? How about I delete u! And how about,' ain't that much girdle In the world...and I bet ur wife doesn't look half this hot on her best day!' (Thinking that last part to myself),lol! Uugh Rude.com
  • zeek21
    zeek21 Posts: 18
    Options
    "You're cute, even though you're half black."

I think you're beautiful regardless of race.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Posted this bangin pic of me in this super fitted tight white dress....a guy friend posts, "wow, u look great! I know ur wearing a girdle under that dress!".... Um....really dude? How about I delete u! And how about,' ain't that much girdle In the world...and I bet ur wife doesn't look half this hot on her best day!' (Thinking that last part to myself),lol! Uugh Rude.com

wow the nerve.. you look a great pal
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    After being intimate with a guy I was dating years ago he rolled near me kissing my tummy and said: " I just love your womanly curves and stretch marks, it's like a road map to life." Needless to say that ended up being a one stander. Who says that? That's like me saying: " sweetie I just love your half going bald head. You remind me of. George from seinfeld."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice comback
  • cpilson
    cpilson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    "You're the smartest guy in the building."

I missed what this really was, a warning. In grad school, faculty DO NOT like being shown up by someone smarter than they, ESPECIALLY some guy who is supposed to be a lowly dumb grad student. It doesn't matter if you're not even competing with them or doing anything like flaunting intellect, the threat is enough for insecure people to start talking and plotting.
  • unknownexile
    Options
    walking out of the gym as my buddy is walking in he said "where you off too" i said just hit chest gonna head home "he said oh didnt even notice" -.-'
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Worse compliment: "You're cute for a black girl."
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have you lost more weight? I can tell because the skin on your arms is really hanging a lot now.
  • sassabella
    Options
    "You're not completely terrible looking"
    "Did you mean to lose that much weight?"
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Said by a friend of a friend after being introduced, "Wow. You're much prettier than your photo would suggest!"

Then, ironically...

Said by a fellow guest at a wedding when asked to take a photo of me and a friend, "Wow... you are SOOOO photogenic! You look completely different in your photos than you do in person!"

*frown* So which is it? LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten a bad compliment.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wonder why so many people take it as a bad compliment when someone says you've lost a lot of weight.

I mean you lost weight and people notice. you put the weight on in the first place.

I was bigger than I am now and do take it as a compliment when people say that. It means clearly im doing something right.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As soon as you start singing, people forget what you look like.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    you remind me of Kate Gosslin.. WTF

that literally made me laugh out loud :)
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My worst compliment would probably be "damn shorty, you sho is thick"... there is nothing I hate more than being referred to as "thick".
  • jooles48
    Options
    You would be so pretty if you lost weight

You have the whitest white part of the eye I have ever see....actually said to me by a Navy Pilot....why is it the worst...its a stupid line from a stupid Charlie Sheen movie called Hot Shots...a move about Navy Pilots.