October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to add me. And sorry I didn't faithfully log my Sept miles. I ended Sept w/ 75miles. Miles to date in October - 29.

10/01 - 2.5 miles
    10/03 - .5
    10/04 - 1.9
    10/05 - 5.8, including my 1st ever 5K - 44:01 time
    10/07 - 3.5
    10/08 - 3.2
    10/09 - 4.9
    10/10 - 2.0
    10/12 - 4.2

exercise.png
  • doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    2.3 miles today

10.4 miles total

exercise.png
  • shootingfor200
    Options
    24.16 out of 60 complete
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    10/1 - swam .7 miles, rode 9 miles, ran 1.7 miles
    10/3 - ran 3.9 miles
    10/5 - rode 9 miles, walked 2 miles
    10/6 - ran 2.6 miles, walked 1 mile
    10/8 - walked 2.6 miles
    10/12 - TRIATHLON! swam .3 miles, rode 14 miles, ran 3.1 miles

50 / 75 miles done!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    So, the days are getting much shorter and cooler, but will still push for the usual 1000 miles

01-10: 53.05 miles
    02-10: 51.05 miles
    03-10: 50.25 miles
    04-10: 53.03 miles
    05-10: 36.04 miles
    06-10: 48.55 miles
    07-10: 50.08 miles
    08-10: 57.16 miles
    09-10: 52.04 miles
    10-10: 50.27 miles
    11-10: 51.20 miles
    12-10: 51.11 miles
    October miles: 607.72

YTD miles: 12248.11
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    Updating

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    OYE! OYE! @SS MOVERS!!
    Almost the middle of the month!!!
    Let the party begin!!!!
    DancingBaby.gif
  • speedyf
    Options
    A quick post here...lol...then I'll get to work updating the spreadsheet. :smile:

Well, my dear friends, today was a real* mixed bag of stuff. Some good, some not so good....but thankfully the day has been gently brought to almost a close on several good, happy notes. I won't bore you with the details of it all, but bottom line....life is okay.

I finally experienced a couple of hours of zero pain in my knees...most notably (and definitely most welcome!) on the way walking into the gym tonight for my run! I also had my longest run/walk in recent time of 4.0 miles. My running form feels stronger and more fluid and I think I'm right on the edge of some dramatic improvements. Very exciting. I have to attempt to contain my enthusiasm tho and not overdo it and injure myself as I have in the past. :) Just have to practice the "Don't increase my mileage more than 10% per week" rule.

Anyway, I said this would be quick... :laugh:... but I wanted to take this opportunity to tell all of you how much I've enjoyed the chance to hang out with you and share some laughs while we celebrate each other's successes and offer comfort and/or encouragement when someone is struggling. We're ALL the stronger for it. I don't know about you, but most of the time, I feel like I'm being carried along from the energy here.

Soooo....THANKS. Really. :flowerforyou:

Dave
    Darkrider42
    MFm4m5.png

And we thank YOU for all you do to keep this going! I've only been a part of this for 2 months but I'm so motivated by everyone's progress and encouragement. And Dave.... Yep...that 10% rule is what my running coach instilled in me ( I'm not a part of a group anymore....but I still remember the rules). Take care out there. My knee felt a bit 'wonkified' on my run today, but I pushed through. Could be from the extra strenuous stretching at yoga class?(I was supposed to tell her when I'd reached my limit when she helped to enhance my stretch). I played "Mrs. Tough Lady!" Not too wise!

Dave, Denise, Dinos & Janet
    I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. I'm still on MFP and pushing to achieve my goal because of this very challenge. THANK YOU! You guys are ggggrrrreeeaaatttt!!! And Dave, I hope that everything's ok with you. :flowerforyou:
    agcthankyou5.gif
  • speedyf
    Options
    @anaconda:
    I bow to you!!! Not only did you reach your goal, you crashed it! ALREADY!!!
    tumblr_ll9gn27Wh11qi66kso1_500.gif
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    gonna run 100km :glasses:

exercise.png
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Walked 4 miles today.

46.87/100
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    3.8 miles Scared a deer but then a big hairy spider scared me, so it all evens out.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I have found that my tendon doesn't hurt once I'm on the bicycle. Stairs are still right out and walking requires me to roll my foot to the outside. however, I can still bike so the charge to 400 is still on. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Tack on another 16 miles for a total of 150 miles. That still puts me behind pace but I'll see what I can do.
    @SUFFERLANDRIAN - Great to see you back on the move, Buddy!!!!!! :drinker:

@BUBBL3S25 - Congrats on the Trailblazer 53K event!! :smile:

@CALLIOPE610 - Naaaah, never too late to join in!!! I got your Sept updated and carried the miles forward to this month.

@JENNIFERTSMITH - Congrats on your Triathlon!! :smile:

@BENNO1978 - Gotcha down and welcome!!! :drinker:

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

And with that done, I'm off to the gym to MOVE MY @$$!!!!! :drinker:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Dave, Denise, Dinos & Janet
    I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. I'm still on MFP and pushing to achieve my goal because of this very challenge. THANK YOU! You guys are ggggrrrreeeaaatttt!!! And Dave, I hope that everything's ok with you. :flowerforyou:
    agcthankyou5.gif

Yes, thank you....better every day. :smile:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    3.8 miles Scared a deer but then a big hairy spider scared me, so it all evens out.

exercise.png
    You snuck in between my refresh and posting the update! :wink: Got you updated and thanks for the :smile: again today! :)

Dave
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk for me today (after rounding down :wink: )

exercise.png
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to reply since last night, but was too tired/sleepy/hot... I'm just gonna reply now instead of reading through all of the posts or I'll never reply. LOL.
    i thought is was doing a lot by biking 20 to 26 miles daily but you are doubling that....all i can say is....WOW... STAY STRONG...happy
    That IS a lot! You're doing great. :smile:

onawhymm: Beach walks? Not fair. lol

mysticinnocent: WTG w your 272 miles!
    Obsessive-Compulsive Cycling Disease??
    :laugh:

Thanks for your comments, taxmom and Dave. :smile: And, Dave, you're doing it right by working at YOUR pace.

speedy, what do you mean you're learning to get used to it? Are you a newbie runner? Looking at your wall updates, I would have thought that you had been doing this for years. You're so fast!

You all are doing great! Enjoy the cooler weather. :smile:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you Dave for amping this already great challenge up!!! And Speedy - I dig your graphics in your posts!!!!:drinker: I did not clock Any "miles" today as I got my *kitten* whooped by trimming an 8' wide by 100 foot long hedge. Still have one more dump run but will have to wait til tomorrow. After that I am looking forward to a nice long beach walk! Great weekend wishes to all!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png