Any males who don't want ANY muscle definition on your body

Options

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I would say most korean and Japanese men would fall under this category.

That's...not very nice.

I know of many Asian men that I do martial arts with that are not "scrawny" by any means.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I can see where this thread is going...

Just because somebody says a certain group of people may generally look a certain way, it doesn't mean they all look or want to be that way.

The OP in another thread had mentioned that wanting no muscle definition was a desire exclusive to women. Someone in that thread argued that no, there are some men that prefer no muscle definition. He started this thread to prove his point that only women want no muscle definition.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's "heroin chic"

And I'm outta this thread.

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Does covering up muscles with beer and cake count?

5s6n3.jpg

The guy on the left is Hossein Rezazadeh. A former World, Olympic Champion current World Record holder in weightlifting. He is the epitome of function over form. He trains to lift the most in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk. He doesn't care for appearances and is an amazing athlete.

No. Your topic is the complete opposite of my current goal. I'm leaning down and I could never wear skinny jeans. IMO it looks ridiculous along with guys wearing jeans that are so low they are hanging off their *kitten*. But each to their own.

Koing
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Of course, but that's how society operates. Just like Hispanic people in the U.S., they are routinely lumped into one category without appreciation or acknowledgement of their cultural difference.

Reminds me of the media and their little "White Hispanic" reference to Zimmerman.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Anyway to answer the question I count myself among the "males who don't want any muscle definition on the body" because I am not actively trying to get defined. My goals revolve around functional fitness gains. If definition happens, cool. If not, cool. If mass gain happens, cool. If not, cool. But I do not LIKE the idea of an unhealthy or sickly looking body.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My goal in weight training is simple: I want to hit hard enough to put a hole in you when I land a blow. The more I am underestimated the happier I am.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    19641048_4428.jpg

This is why I like being strong.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Good pic. :smile:
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I could go without, so long as I could pick up a school bus.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am not into weight lifting of anything... i also don't necessarily like the look of big ripped muscles on everyone either... I prefer just being lean and thin, and enjoy my body the way it is... as in, not stacked, but not without any muscle definition at all...
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man

Defensive, much? Funny how you don't care about muscles yet you're flexing in your profile pic.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man

neat.gif
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Defensive, much? Funny how you don't care about muscles yet you're flexing in your profile pic.

In his profile he mentions he is recovering from anorexia. His ideal is probably still affected by that.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the responses, but are you asking if there are men who would prefer NOT to have muscle definition, or are there men who don't care if they have muscle definition?

I think it would be hard for anyone, male or female, to be fit and not have some definition. But I would imagine there are quite a few males that don't actively seek it. Probably a lot more than wouldn't mind having the definition, but not if means dieting to get rid of the layer of fat that hides it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the entire reason the OP is asking for examples of males who don't want muscle definition is because he said the following things, which people took him to task over in another thread:
    I understand women and what they want.
    Dislike of muscle definition on their body is a characteristic exclusive to women.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I haven't read through all the responses, but are you asking if there are men who would prefer NOT to have muscle definition, or are there men who don't care if they have muscle definition?

I think it would be hard for anyone, male or female, to be fit and not have some definition. But I would imagine there are quite a few males that don't actively seek it. Probably a lot more than wouldn't mind having the definition, but not if means dieting to get rid of the layer of fat that hides it.

Yes, I see that it is a little confusing. What I really want to know is if there are any men who, upon the appearance of muscle definition on their bodies, would begin to distress over it and write a post asking how they can still workout without becoming to 'bulky' or something like that. You know, the way women do on here from time to time.

Generally speaking that sort of reaction or way of looking at it (in males, anyway) would probably be associated with an unhealthy body image akin to what drives people to eating disorders. Because it's not realistically possible in the case of someone who eats healthy and is active.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Too true...
    Look at survivor contestants.....they get pretty toned after sitting malnourished for 30+ days.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You sound a bit ... bitter.