1500 cal/day and still hungry :-(

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    ballerina-troll.jpg

Caution: Feeding trolls more than 3 meals a day will make them fat.

I think I love you! And your profile pic, too :wink:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    5-6 mini meals make you fat. My father is biochemist. If stomach full calories dont burn
    If u think im a joke, or not real, imagine Im euro style. Turns out its a fact idiot,
    im croatia, now at north america. So my tastes, info, and thoughts have backing. Enjoy life my man.

what.

My father is biochemist. Its a fact.
    Enjoy life my man.

I think...."Eating 5-6 meals makes you fat. My father is a biochemist. If your stomach is full it won't burn calories. If you think I'm joking or not a real person imagine I'm european(?) Turns out it's a fact idiot. I'm Croatian now in North America. So my tastes, info, and thought have backing."

I'm not sure how being Croatian or European has anything to do with back up your thoughts and information though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP sorry if you've already addressed this, it's a little hard to read all the responses for all the nonsense, but what are you stats? Height, age, gender, how much weight do you ned to lose?

Maybe you just need to eat more. I am an old(er) lady and I can lose weight on more than 1500 calories per day.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    study school. turns out its a fact
    Post your dad's published, peer reviewed study that supports your claim or shut up already.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    5-6 mini meals make you fat. My father is biochemist. If stomach full calories dont burn
    If u think im a joke, or not real, imagine Im euro style. Turns out its a fact idiot,
    im croatia, now at north america. So my tastes, info, and thoughts have backing. Enjoy life my man.

what.

Enjoy life my man.

It doesn't really matter what your father is. The body burns calories ALL THE TIME. 24 hours a day, every day, until you die. Food in the stomach is not available for energy (food must be digested before it can be used as energy). If you burn more calories than have been consumed, your body will dip into it's reserve fat stores for energy.

prove with science. unless you are say on strong stimulant like caffeine body will not burn with food

Explain BMR to me.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    GUYS, it doesn't matter. We are all going to die within a few weeks from the backed up food that our bodies just WILL NOT BURN AWAY.
  • saxy2014
    Options
    Try eating protein for breakfast instead of carbs. You will not be hungry for 4 hours. If you must eat oatmeal, try adding walnuts and use almond milk instead of 2% milk, less fat. Check out the South Beach Diet, but you have to read the chapters in the beginning, as he explains insulin resistance.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Diet food is garbage and a scam.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I have a more calorie/protein/carb filled breakfast it helps curb my hunger and cravings the rest of the day.

I'm not much of an egg fan, but I have been fixing myself an egg cassarole for a while now, and that has made a huge difference for me. It has 2 eggs, 1/2 cup shredded potatos, cheese, meat and veggies and that holds me over until lunch happily. I will often times have some fruit in between breakfast and lunch, but I really don't need it other then as a calorie filler to be honest.

I did not do it this week and am definitely feeling the difference :grumble: I just finished my lunch (which normally would have me quite satisfied) and am still starving...
  • bcattoes
    Options
    GUYS, it doesn't matter. We are all going to die within a few weeks from the backed up food that our bodies just WILL NOT BURN AWAY.

Yes, I suppose this is true. If our bodies won't burn calories with food in the stomach, there is no energy for digestion, so that food will just sit there and rot into a putrid mess that eventually kills us.

I feel much smarter knowing this, but I guess I'm still an idiot for not being able to figure out how I gained weight.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It's rather difficult / impossible to reply when you have given no stats at all in your post. How have you figured out your goal? do you exercise? eat back calories? how much weight do you have to lose? how tall/old etc.. Either you are eating the wrong things (ie. too much food that has very poor nutritional profiles), you aren't eating enough for your height/weight etc, or you are working out too much..
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

what.

Enjoy life my man.

It doesn't really matter what your father is. The body burns calories ALL THE TIME. 24 hours a day, every day, until you die. Food in the stomach is not available for energy (food must be digested before it can be used as energy). If you burn more calories than have been consumed, your body will dip into it's reserve fat stores for energy.

prove with science. unless you are say on strong stimulant like caffeine body will not burn with food

Explain BMR to me.

BMR is myth if food in stomach. BMR ment to mean fasting

a4su1l.jpg
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sorry if someone has already said this; but I find having a VERY substantial breakfast helps me a lot! What's the saying? Eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner? Something along those lines. ...With healthy snacks in between :wink:

This I find works for me. I know some people who snack all day and are good with that (and skinny), but I find that when I do this, I'm just always wondering when my next snack will be.

I think the saying above goes more with our lifestyle, we don't need tons of food for dinner as most people don't do anything to burn it off afterwards (unless you work out in the evening :) )

I often don't apply the concept because I eat and run in the morning, but I find the days where I eat a more protein/fiber rich meal in the morning, I feel fuller longer and then it doesn't bother me to eat smaller meals later in the day.

You also need to take into account how filling foods are... which foods have the most bang for the buck and roll with that.

With experimenting a bit, you'll eventually figure out what works for you. The Notes section to journal how you feel throughout the day is great for that.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Try eating protein for breakfast instead of carbs. You will not be hungry for 4 hours. If you must eat oatmeal, try adding walnuts and use almond milk instead of 2% milk, less fat. Check out the South Beach Diet, but you have to read the chapters in the beginning, as he explains insulin resistance.

too much protein r toxic (tryptophan)

Damn there goes my thanksgiving!!! My turkey is going to kill me!! ugh!! :ohwell:
    Why america fat you think
    turns out its a fact idiot

For someone who's "father" is so well educated you have a very limited vocabulary.
    Or do you just have turrets?
  • klerato
    klerato Posts: 45
    Options
    So I usually add a huge amount of romaine lettuce with meals.Super low cal and filling. With breakfast I add an apple or banana...a few more calories then with romaine(or other green veg.)but I am not as hungry. I do three meals and a snack.
  • verbatima
    Options

America is fat because we eat too much and drive everywhere. Not because we haven't figured out some super-seekrit "euro style" thing about the body supposedly not burning any calories when there is food in the stomach.

Is that your example of "science" above? if so, you are a walking argument for not going to school in Croatia.
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

Damn there goes my thanksgiving!!! My turkey is going to kill me!! ugh!! :ohwell:

For someone who's "father" is so well educated you have a very limited vocabulary.

w7fup2.jpg
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

w7fup2.jpg

Enjoy life my man
  • jaycbrf4
    Options
    Egg whites? Why would you throw away the most nutritional part of the egg? Est the whole egg. The yolk is where the protein is. Just lay off the breads, sugars and other fat producing carbs!
  • sassabella
    Options
    Instead of having 3 big meals, I have 5-6 mini meals per day. I find that eating every couple of hours keeps me from being hungry all the time.

Yeah good advice. I do this all the time. Definitely keeps me feeling fuller :)