1500 cal/day and still hungry :-(

Options
12346»

Replies

• dramagirl1
    Options
    My thought on hunger control will probably be a little unpopular. I have tried and really don't like the 5-6 little meals thing. I always feel unsatisfied after every meal like I never got actully full. So I'm constantly walking around with this hunger and it just gets worse the further away from "meal time." 3 meals a day works best for me. Sometimes the calories are spread evenly through the day and sometimes breakfast is the biggest meal. Usually when breakfast is big I hardly have room for lunch!

I try to focus on getting approx 1 gram or protein per pound of body weight and this is GREAT at keeping me full, also keeps my calories under control. Filling up on a bunch of junk wheat and oats that run through your system too fast and don't keep you full is a sure way of feeling hungry most of the time.

Cashews and water are a great hunger killer. Cottage cheese and a piece a fruit is a great breakfast, also eat a couple of eggs. Take a look at my diary if you want, you may get some ideas to help you along.

Good luck!

This works better for me too. I feel the same way when I eat smaller meals more often, I can't get full!
  • coreyiscrazyful
    Options
    Listen to your body, if you're hungry eat.
    I've recently added protein bars into my diet, and portioning out one a day can help satisfiy hunger.
    I also started drinking a premium protein shake for breakfast and it fills me up!
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hunger is my constant companion. I eat about 2k a day and I am still hungry. You just have to learn to deal with being hungry and realizing you are not starving.

I strongly disagree with this..... you do not have to feel hungry all day to lose weight.