Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Now I want McDonalds.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    gross! in this casa, its all about in n out burger, and chick fil a!

I and my family refuse to eat at Chik-Fil-A because of their President's position on gay rights.
    I don't care what someone's personal life is like, they don't get to be discriminated against.

I'm totally with you on In-N-Out though. I'd gladly roll half my calories into a Double-Double with fries and a 50/50 Sprite/minutemaid. Good thing I live in CO and only get it when I go visit the fam in Phoenix.
  • HippieChickadee
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!

No problems today. Scale still moving in the right direction. ;)
  • er1ca2000
    er1ca2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yuck! NO way. I struggle with making myself eat anything at all, I can't imagine facing the drive through window at McDonalds. No. Just no. I will just go take my stalk of broccoli and hide in a corner and cry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    SMH! I hope you understand what you just did to your body
    Explain. Eating a burger only fed it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Been eating McDonald's at least once a week for 40 years now. It's just about ensuring you have calorie space and not over indulging (daily).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    I find that all their other food literally makes me feel ill when I eat it now. It never used to!

This happened to me. At first I partook in fast food. Then I mysteriously got sick every time I ate it. So I stopped eating fast food. No more sickness. It was interesting.

I don't seem to have the same problem with restaraunt food at higher notches than mcd, bk, wendy's, taco bell. It is something about those bottom scrapers and what they do with their food.

In general, though, if one is watching macros and nutrition and health on a site like this, wouldn't swill like McDonald's be the first to go out of one's life? Guess I don't see the logic. To each their own, I guess. If you are "lucky" enough to have your health in no way affected by eating McDonald's et. al., then more power to you, I suppose.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I find that all their other food literally makes me feel ill when I eat it now. It never used to!

In general, though, if one is watching macros and nutrition and health on a site like this, wouldn't swill like McDonald's be the first to go out of one's life? Guess I don't see the logic.

Um....not if you can make it fit your macros...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

In general, though, if one is watching macros and nutrition and health on a site like this, wouldn't swill like McDonald's be the first to go out of one's life? Guess I don't see the logic.

Um....not if you can make it fit your macros...

Agreed.

I'm just going to hide before we're lost under a tidal wave of "JUNK FOOD IS BAD, M'KAY!"

943.gif
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    Right, IIFYM. Still trying to figure out where Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ fits into my macros. Or Dimethylpolysiloxane.

Wouldn't a homemade quarter pound cheeseburger (with real cheese) be better than a mcd's cheeseburger, ingredient-wise? wouldn't that in turn be better for your body?

Macros and energy balance doesn't lie, but sheesh ... not knocking people's cravings for "junk food", thus the omitted part of my previous post ... "to each their own" and "more power to you". If you are cool with it, whatever floats your boat. Just trying to understand the logic, that is all.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I actually don't like it anymore :( I never end up finishing what I get because it just tastes so.... blah to me now. The fries are still amazing, and I would totally still get the breakfast sandwiches if I ever woke up early enough to go before work :)

I'm addicted to Wendy's though.... I'm pretty awesome at making their menu items fit my macros :) I feel a little sad about how proud of that I am.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Next time get a mcdouble with Mac sauce and u have a Big Mac for .99 lol
    the best and i add a few fries to my burger!
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Macros and energy balance doesn't lie, but sheesh ... not knocking people's cravings for "junk food", thus the omitted part of my previous post ... "to each their own" and "more power to you". If you are cool with it, whatever floats your boat. Just trying to understand the logic, that is all.

No, actually, you did. I'll spell it out for you:
    In general, though, if one is watching macros and nutrition and health on a site like this, wouldn't swill like McDonald's be the first to go out of one's life?
    First, right here, the "swill" insults the OP's choice.

Guess I don't see the logic.
    And again, right there. Insinuating that there should be logic in a craving in the first place, thus belittling the OP's choice again.

To each their own, I guess. .
    The "I guess," again implies that the OP made an unintelligent choice.

If you are "lucky" enough to have your health in no way affected by eating McDonald's et. al., then more power to you, I suppose.
    Scare quotes around "lucky" implies that the OP's good health is in spite of her efforts. The "I suppose" is the same BS as the "I guess."

You are incapable of being this ignorant of your insulting tone. Man up and own your asshattery, instead of feigning ignorance when called on it.

EDIT: Formatting.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had a McDonald's Southwest Salad with Crispy Chicken and Dressing. 550 calories out the door. It was great.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    For the life of me I can't fathom what on McDonald's menu would remotely be classified as tasting "amazing".
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For the life of me I can't fathom what on McDonald's menu would remotely be classified as tasting "amazing".

McGriddle. And it led me to making my own version at home that tasted even more amazing.