Government shutdown

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    2) Obamacare and what I know about it (which is next to hee haw) is a step in the right direction no question.

I feel dumber for having read that regardless of its accuracy.

Me too. "I know nothing about it but I think it is what we need!"

Seriously? :huh:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    One million people will not be working and the govt. says that things will still run smoothly. How sad is that?

Still, most people don't want real change or they would get out and vote for it.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    2) Obamacare and what I know about it (which is next to hee haw) is a step in the right direction no question.

That's pretty much what the Government said when the bill was passed.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    'Merica
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i see a said mod shutting this down for rule # 16.

:( goodbye freedom speech goodbye
  • whierd
    Options

Oh trust me, I remember very clearly when Nancy Palosi was asked what was in the bill and she said, "Well, we'll just have to pass it and find out!"
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

I think (and I'm paraphrasing here) it was something along the lines of "I don't know if this is really the right thing to do, but we have to do something".
  • whierd
    Options

I think (and I'm paraphrasing here) it was something along the lines of "I don't know if this is really the right thing to do, but we have to do something".

I don't think that there has been a facepalm gif invented yet strong enough for that.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is going to get shut down very soon, but...

Doesn't matter who is in office. One side will disagree with the other side just to follow party lines. It has been like this for a very long time and will only get worse. No matter who is in the majority.

I absolutely agree with you. No matter who is in office and the majority party, this will continue. They need to get off their own view and look at things collectively.
  • angelamangus1
    Options

I don't think that there has been a facepalm gif invented yet strong enough for that.

:laugh: OMG!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Oh trust me, I remember very clearly when Nancy Palosi was asked what was in the bill and she said, "Well, we'll just have to pass it and find out!"

I shake my head at that. People seem to forget those words though.
  • Dezi09087
    Options
    The covernment could careless about anyone... They only see it as more money to them... Lets get the people who don't have insurance pay for insurance but lets have the people who work pay for it too. Can anyone say Double Dipping? You can get "Cheap Insurance" if you don't have insurance on their website but then it will come out of the tax dollars too.

FYI I was a person that needed help and they denied me two years ago. I was a layed off single mother and they denied me because I made too much on unemployment.... Really The only time I ever needed them and NOPE! Then as a woman with 15 pounds of gold around her neck rolls up in a benz gets her check it kinda pisses me off!!!

They don't Care, I say we all quit and stop paying them and see what happends...
  • angelamangus1
    Options
    Luckily we have a November election coming up very soon.

Yeah! And all of the voters in the U.S. will elect the same people who are currently causing this mess.

Everyone complains about our President, Senators and Congressmen yet elect those same people over and over again. I can't even blame politicians anymore. Our country is doomed until people start to realize that there are other options on election day than the Republican or Democrat. Everyone is so focused on hating liberals or hating conservatives that they ignore the underdogs, the people whose names they DON'T recognize.

AMEN!!! That is what I have been saying for years!
  • whierd
    Options

I shake my head at that. People seem to forget those words though.

The sad part is there IS some good parts of the ACA that are ignored, but it still doesn't do enough to address the underlying issues as to why medical care is so expensive.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1. This thread was a bad idea. Not the right forum and it will get shut down.
    2. Your problem is with the wealthiest citizens and companies in our country...not the tiny little portion of poor people who take advantage of the system. Once you figure that out, you'll be golden.
  • whierd
    Options
    2. Your problem is with the wealthiest citizens and companies in our country...not the tiny little portion of poor people who take advantage of the system. Once you figure that out, you'll be golden.

Yeah, stupid wealthy people and companies. Who do they think they are?!?!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    One effect of the shutdown:

At the National Institutes of Health, nearly three-quarters of the staff was furloughed. One result: director Francis Collins said about 200 patients who otherwise would be admitted to the NIH Clinical Center into clinical trials each week will be turned away. This includes about 30 children, most of them cancer patients, he said.
  • whierd
    Options
    Oh yeah...they are the ones that create most of the jobs in the country.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    800,000 people just lost their jobs overnight. Even more will have their paychecks delayed. Washington D.C., which is largely dependent on federal funds, will have to drain their resources just to continue to function as a city. All non-essential functions, such as processing new VA claims, WIC, and large portions of the USDA, have been shut down.

All over a pissing match.

And yet congress and all their staff will continue to get paid.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

the wealthiest citizens and companies are ALWAYS in control...of any country. The type of government you have just dictates if this is the government or private citizens. NOTHING will ever change that for as long as there is government.
This discussion has been closed.