THE Scale (or lack thereof) Challenge (round 2)

Options

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am not thinking about it lol.....but finally I'm over the daily morning obsession of it....

the first five days were really hard...but its like anything....mind over matter....course....lets see how long that lasts LOL

hugs and keep on keeping on people doing great!
    Ali
  • brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm in for 2-3 weeks... let's see what I can handle
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Today is day 7. I find that if I can just ignore the scale first thing in the morning I am fine because I never weigh myself after eating.
    I admit, though, I am VERY tempted to weigh in on Thurs morning before I leave for Vegas. I'm really curious to see how much I lose or gain after a weekend of debauchery!:tongue:
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    errm... you know after reading this post, i went looking for the scales in the house, we dont have any! anywhere.... so, can i still join the challenge? lol

Sure, but if you don't have a scale obsession, I don't know how much it will do for you. You are welcome to join though. The more the merrier. :happy:

thats how i figured it lol
    more for moral support to show it can be done

Congrats to everyone so far by the way, yous are doing great:smile::flowerforyou:
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i will soooooo join
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've been moving the past few days, but still going. It has been so darn hard with having to move the darn scale around and see it here and there. And this morning is my usual weigh day and i ALMOST hopped on this morning, but, nope. I started the same time as you Banks, what day is our challenge over?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    OK

FINALLY! my work crisis is over, It took 3 days to figure out what was wrong with one of the servers, ate up 1/2 my free time this weekend (which is why I didn't post much) but I did it. Sorry if I haven't been very dilligent on this challenge.

Anyway, after 9 days I'm still scale free, I forgot completely about the scale, with baseball and this stupid server problem at work, I didn't have the time to think about it. Course it wasn't my best eating weekend, not horrible, but I didn't really keep track of my carbs/fat/protein very much. I'm probably very close as I am so conditioned now to eat a balanced diet but I'm curious.

Anyway. I just wanted everyone to know, I'm still in it, I hope all of you are too!

-Banks
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Still here too. Haven't been on for a few days due to moving. :frown: That being said I have not been eating the correct food.:grumble: Back on track this morning tho. I know I burned a lot of calories and (oh so sore) building muscle. Maybe I should be a mover for a job.:noway: Have a great day and week everybody. Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dia 11:

It's gettin' hard now..... I'll weigh myself on the 14th day and I'll join in on the challenge again.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow...this weekend was hard, i was so tempted to weigh myself! I resisted though (for once)!!! Still going strong!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So, I said I was going no-scale on Friday. Well, I decided to weigh myself first thing Saturday. Because I am weak. But I am actually really glad I did! I am finally down 20 pounds, and I rewarded myself by buying an awesome new dress.

Since then, I haven't weighed myself--two mornings strong! I doubt I would have been able to go two days in a row without that boost on Saturday...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm out. I started getting the mindset that if I don't do very good each day I still have a certain amount of time to get back on track so I start getting careless. If I weigh myself every morning I can keep myself on track better. So I weighed myself this morning and I gained one pound so far. Not good. Good luck to everyone else.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    went to doctors AGAIN....sigh...dealing w/ some stuff and again turned my head to not look....again! I was really tempted this time! I was doing sooo good the other day....I need to peak!!! lol....do we get one cheat day LOL....a week LOL....guess that would defeat the purpose! :grumble:

hugs and wow this is an eye opener huh?
    Ali
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm jumping in for 2 weeks...why???? Because I am hating the scale and loving the tape measure more & more all the time...:angry: I weighed in today, :grumble: but will not hop on again (or take measurements) for 2 weeks....:smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    NO cheat days! You're all addicts, just like me. Think of this like the Betty Ford clinic for
    scales!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    NO cheat days! You're all addicts, just like me. Think of this like the Betty Ford clinic for
    scales!

Lol.......I am an addict. I did not realize how often I weighed myself.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Day 11..... I actually haven't had an urge to weigh myself in a couple days now....oop, just thought about it, now I do. Doh! Still going. Only 17 days left!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    This is my first time checking out this section of the message boards. And I am with you. When did this start? Is it going on in May? Here I am almost the last day of April.

I vow not to get on the scale until June 1st. I will jump on on May 1st, just for a check in, and then ignore the monster that I will hide under my bed until June 1.

Thanks for starting this Banks!

kkmama
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dia 12:

I'm doing ok today :bigsmile:

2 Days to go! :drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in. A little late but I'm in. Maybe this will stop the mood swings everytime the darn thing doesn't budge.