Post your excuse here

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I twisted the #$% out of my ankle last night while I was running. So since I had a rest day scheduled for tomorrow I'll rest today and run tomorrow. I was going to not respect my rest day tomorrow and run the electric run anyway, but now I'll take a rest day just today instead of tomorrow.
  • littlenature
    Options
    I'm so sleepy! I just want someone to bring me cups of tea and cuddles.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I slept especially poorly the night before and just wanna "rest" and eat.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My Computer was giving me too much entertainment today to get up and spoil it.
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The gym is probably too crowded now
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired from running from excuses!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Ok, mine is not an excuse per say. It's more of a fact, a scary, truthful fact that I have to deal with every day.

There are these little monsters that scare me into eating food, and a lot of it. I try my hardest to pull the covers over me, and be still as possible. Because, we all know that's how monsters don't see you. But, these monsters are GOOD. They can hear me breathe or something, and they attack me from the inside of my mouth! They bring me tasty treats, like cheesecake and pizza. I try to fight them off, but they are just too strong. I didn't want to bring this up, but last night *cry* the tiramisu monster came. He just wouldn't give up until I ate him, all. of. him.

Nah no excuse, I just eat too much. :grumble:
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    "I'm on my period."

"Having a skip day is necessary."
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    All of my excuses are 100% legit.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I skipped leg day this morning bc my left knee felt a little off this morning and by a little off I mean arm day just sounded so much more fun.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm tired, and I like sleep more than i like getting up on dark mornings in winter to drive to crossfit and get beasted for an hour with heavy things...... :-(

and I like bad food more than healthy food.

I suck
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not every time, but sometimes I use cripplecramps as an excuse to not exercise. I know my body well enough to know if exercise will help alleviate them, or just be pain on top of agony.

Legit excuse: I don't exercise immediately after a massage. I did it, once, and nope - not worth how awful I felt the next day and wasting the money the massage cost because I'd ruined all the benefits. Ideally, my alternating days of running align with a run in the am and a massage in the pm. But it doesn't always happen.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have too many.... :-/

I use the treadmill at work, so...I don't want to run there because I look stupid when I run and I don't want someone looking at me.

The closest gym is 30 miles away and I don't have the money for gas or time to go there.

It's too rainy...foggy...cold...hot...sticky...snowy...buggy...busy...light...dark...early...late...to run outside today.

There's no room in my house and I don't like hearing the floor go boom, boom, boom while I do jumping jacks or other exercise.

..Yep...they all look ridiculous.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It used to be "I HATE to sweat". Well, now I just don't like it very much. But I know how great I feel when I'm done with a run, or a ride, or zumba, or whatever, and I start planning out the next time I have to do it.
    I also used these: I can't bring the kids with me, I'll have to wait until hubby is home, but wait, he's only home for dinner then out again for his stuff, so, guess no workout today. (planning on a bike ride with my 4 year old in the kid seat later today)
    I refuse to go out in the rain. (Just last Saturday ran 8.3 miles in the pouring rain, no dreadmill for me, even though I own one!)

I have become a person of no excuses.

And funny thing is, I pretty much have to force a rest day on myself these days....
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My partner, who is also my spotter, is stressing out and needs a break. Moral support.

"We have to make some progress on this darn bedroom renovation. Lets go shopping for base boards and door jambs and start painting them."

"I gotta rake those leaves before the sun goes down" - I don't feel too bad about this one as raking is a workout too.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I ran around all day at work, i don't need to workout tonight.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I deserve a break.......bla, bla, bla.
  • lizfreakinm
    lizfreakinm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't want to wash my hair twice in one day... :P
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 8 months pregnant and my doctor said I needed to stop doing my zumba classes since I am 1cm dilated and doesn't want me giving birth on the dance floor.

You win!

Oh come onnnn......Imagine the stories you are depriving your Zumba-mates from telling!!! ;)

Good luck!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I ate crap yesterday for lunch because there was free pizza delivered to work. I was still hungry after dinner last night too but I knew since I "spent" so much on lunch that is what happens. It was free food!