Does anyone else think losing weight is easy?

Options
I've been on many diets and often tried to lose weight, but this time around it's been the easiest by far. I consistently lose 2lb a week (since June when I started) I haven't had any binges, cravings or put on any weight and when I've had a "cheat day" it's been within my allowance and not hindered my loss at all. I've enjoyed every meal and all the exercise. If you knew me, you'd know normally I'm lazy and love my comfort and junk food.
I honestly think this site and logging food has a lot to do with it. When you see what you're eating it really helps. Has anyone else found it easy?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It is simple not easy.

This site does make is very simple.

And all you need to make it "easy" is the big enough desire for it even tho it's no walk in the park...

Congrats on STicking to it and wanting it bad enough
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes. I didn't have much to lose, but did not find it to be difficult.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    It is simple not easy.

And all you need to make it "easy" is the big enough desire for it even tho it's no walk in the park...

this.

It is an easy concept (or at least, a lot easier than people try to make it).

The practice can be tough, but the idea is actually very easy. Eat (not too much), move (not too much), repeat.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    It hasn't been difficult I have lost over 3lb a week since starting to log 12 August, I think logging the food and exercise gives you all of the information you need to make the decision. For example 40k in 83 minutes for me on a cycle to lose 1045 calories makes me think about how hard they are to remove, logging food now corresponds to something real the effort of getting rid of them. Now I think it is easy even the exercise and I had not been able to do any for a few years due to illness 10.5kg lost in less than 8 weeks and to be honest I have cut back the exercise because I cannot eat enough!
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for me was simple and easy. Maintenance has been even easier, I don't even count anymore. I know a lot of people who struggle to lose and it was something I was scared of but choosing a sustainable plan made the difference IMO.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty easy. I lost weight at just slightly over the pace I was aiming for 1.1lb/wk. I was never hungry and never deprived. It took some time, but it wasn't difficult or complicated. Honestly I think I am having more trouble bulking than I did cutting.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Well, all you guys just suck. LOL
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty easy as well, but not everyone is in the same mind set as everyone else. If it was easy, I wouldn't have been overweight in the first place.
  • vladsandu2000
    Options
    It's how you think it is. If you belive is not easy means that you don't enjoy losing weight. It doesn't mean you can't. You can, but only if you make it fun and enjoyable. You already know that something you don't like to do, you don't do it. Maybe you are motivated a day or two, a week maybe, an then what? Back again where you started.

I don't want to be mean or something, but I realize how painful it is to be in this situation. And even if you create a plan, it matters how you create it. I can recommend three steps to get started:

1. De-tox your liver with green tea, fruits, and vegetables
    2. Have an exercise or two every day couple of minutes (some jogging works well too)
    3. Reduce the amount of meat chicken or pork, mostly junk food (nobody is against you if you try an ice cream weekly)

The key is your liver. If it can't process the food you ingest then it takes all the fats and transport all into your blood stream. From there cholesterol starts to form and fat to thigs and belly.

Be careful what you eat. Hope this info is helpful.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I find this a LOT easier than all the people I see in the staff room at work trying to do WW calculations on their phones or using the wheel-thingy. I have mentioned to them how easy MFP is - but they prefer to stick to their own ways. Each to their own I guess.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    If it's within your calorie allowance, what's cheating about it?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Well, all you guys just suck. LOL
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty easy as well, but not everyone is in the same mind set as everyone else. If it was easy, I wouldn't have been overweight in the first place.

I don't know if quite agree with this. For myself, I got overweight because I didn't know any better/didn't think it would happen to me/had no concept of calories and what was an acceptable calorie limit, not because it's necessarily HARD to do. If I'd known better, I can guarantee I'd never have gotten as chubbo as I was.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It is simple not easy.

I think for most folks it's "simple" but not easy. For some finding the very small window between BMR and TDEE is a challenge. And for some with PCOS etc. just finding that window isn't enough.
    But yes, the site does make it much simpler to lose with... for most folks.
  • stargirlll
    stargirlll Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I don't know if quite agree with this. For myself, I got overweight because I didn't know any better/didn't think it would happen to me/had no concept of calories and what was an acceptable calorie limit, not because it's necessarily HARD to do. If I'd known better, I can guarantee I'd never have gotten as chubbo as I was.

Exact same for me. I honestly thought my younger metabolism would coast with me through life. Oops. Oh well, you've gotta learn to love hard work! I appreciate it and everything that it does for me. I'm stronger mentally, physically, emotionally -- just all around.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've always thought weight loss is easy. I've done it dozens of times.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The hardest part by far is the commitment to change. That took me literally years lol. Once committed, the weight loss has been easy. I firmly believe that's what causes a lot of people to fail.....they think they want to get in shape & lose weight but they really don't. By that I mean by way of prioritizing, they place a higher value on other things in their lives such that the commitment to lose weight becomes less important. So of course they fail. Once you are truly committed, you place an extraordinary importance on weight loss & fitness & you succeed in reaching your goals. It's like that with a lot of things in life imo.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I've been on many diets and often tried to lose weight, but this time around it's been the easiest by far. I consistently lose 2lb a week (since June when I started) I haven't had any binges, cravings or put on any weight and when I've had a "cheat day" it's been within my allowance and not hindered my loss at all. I've enjoyed every meal and all the exercise. If you knew me, you'd know normally I'm lazy and love my comfort and junk food.
    I honestly think this site and logging food has a lot to do with it. When you see what you're eating it really helps. Has anyone else found it easy?
    I agree, this site and logging food has made it much simpler. What has made it 'easy' is taking all the advice from the knowledgable people on here and putting it into practice. Once you get past all the myths and BS, and get down to the basics, weight loss is not complicated or difficult.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's how you think it is. If you belive is not easy means that you don't enjoy losing weight. It doesn't mean you can't. You can, but only if you make it fun and enjoyable. You already know that something you don't like to do, you don't do it. Maybe you are motivated a day or two, a week maybe, an then what? Back again where you started.

I don't want to be mean or something, but I realize how painful it is to be in this situation. And even if you create a plan, it matters how you create it. I can recommend three steps to get started:

1. De-tox your liver with green tea, fruits, and vegetables
    2. Have an exercise or two every day couple of minutes (some jogging works well too)
    3. Reduce the amount of meat chicken or pork, mostly junk food (nobody is against you if you try an ice cream weekly)

The key is your liver. If it can't process the food you ingest then it takes all the fats and transport all into your blood stream. From there cholesterol starts to form and fat to thigs and belly.

Be careful what you eat. Hope this info is helpful.

This was a beautiful thread until you cake along. Sorry but I disagree with basically every word you posted.

OP, for me l, MFP has simplified this fat loss thing beyond belief. That combined with my OCD = Easy.
    I suspect, given his profile, he wants to sell us on something....